World Building: A Bard's Life

Michiko

Adept
So I recently finished reading A Wise Man's Fear, and as in many books of the fantasy genre, the common repertoire of bards (both songs and stories) is a pretty big deal. I've been thinking about this for a while and... well... I think it would be cool. There are stories that get told over and over again out of game and to a lesser extent ig as well, but especially given that the adventuring class are the movers and shakers of Fortannis, I think it would be pretty awesome if there was a common repertoire of songs and stories about things that happened IG. Potentially in book form (e or otherwise) or somehow accessible to the Alliance as a whole.

Just curious if anyone out there had similar thoughts and if there was any interest in trying to make something like this happen.

It could be interesting, but given that our campaign worlds are generally utterly separate and do not often interact in any meaningful way outside of adventurers travelling, I fear that there might not be much interest in stories from other lands.

Could be worth a shot, though.

I've penned a few songs about the IG world through Alyssa's eyes. I'd love to see more of the game in song. Hrm... we should get on this...

I've seen a ballad or two written about in-game stuff, and it's always great fun. It would be awesome to have an Alliance songbook.

I have been working on a song about deadlands for quiet a while... but Ive never really gotten the words right the way i wan them so I havent put it to music yet... But this same idea crossed my mind a while back. I think it would be awesome if there were such a book.

long live the bard

Awesome! I'm glad I'm not the only one. This gives me some actual motivation to start working on stuff.

I will start looking into this as a possibility and in the meantime, if you have any interest at all keep those creative juices bubbling on the back burner.

worry not... I think it highly unlikely that I will become disinterested in music any time soon... if ever even...

Back