Would like to know a bit more...

Korvayle

Hi everyone!

My name is Jake, and my home chapter is SoMN. I've started getting into LARP this summer and I can already tell that I'm hooked for life!

I'd love to come down to a Chicago game at some point, but money and scheduling make this a bit difficult for the next few months. But I happen to know that smart people make sure their characters get as much experience as possible in as many chapters as possible. Goblin stamps are per chapter, so I'd have to help out Chicago to get blanketed, which I'm more than happy to do.

Mainly what I feel like I'm good at is writing mods. I've written about 10 this month for SoMN, and I haven't gotten any negative feedback, so I'm going to assume that I'm doing well. I actually have a degree in creative writing and enjoy writing mods immensely. I feel like I could take a load off the plot staff and let them focus on their own plotlines and let me worry about the little encounters.

There's just one problem: I don't know anything about Wayside. Does someone have a quick primer that can get me acquainted with the major power players, current conflicts and other plot elements of interest? I'm not looking for plot secrets or any such goodness. Just the sort of thing that someone could tell me in about twenty minutes in-character when we're between mods. The more I know, the more interesting plotlines and encounters I can come up with to help out.

Thanks! If people would prefer that I make this request in-character, I can. I'm between PCs at the moment but I can introduce my new PC even before I play him.

Hey, your best way to get a bunch of gobbies will be to come on down in Sept to npc (its free).

If you really want to try your hand at plot, go ahead and write up a one off and than submit it to waysidelogistics@gmail.com

I will forward it too our plot guys and than we can talk more from there.

Cool, I will. I was already talking with Ryan about it. I just thought that if there was a little write-up on the history of the setting, I might be able to produce better stuff that'll be more useful to you guys.

We are in the process of coalescing the history of the chapter into a players hand book, but this is a large undertaking, and will likely not be done until sometime next year.
But as a note, I do strongly suggest you NPC in Chicago, we love new NPCs, have a need for them, and would enjoy your enthusiasm.

One thing I have learned about writing modules and other such things for larp is that the more you are able to experience it the better you get at it, since somethings require context and experience. I have been PCing in SoMN, and NPCing in chicago since I started larping, and it has been a blast to be able to seamlessly participate in both sides of the LARP experience.

If you car pool with folks, the totally cost for a weekend at Chicago if you NPC can be as little as 35 dollars(25 dollars for gas, 10 dollars for food).

In short the easiest way to be inspired and learn about Wayside is to attend some of the events.

But still feel free to send in any module ideas you may have!

(Though we are working on having more info available =P)

Back