Would this hammer be allowed to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macovan

So I just recently got into Alliance LARP and I got into planning out a PC. While I was doing this I decided that I wanted to wield a Hammer. Now I plan on making my own after I get more familiar with the rules but I ran across one for sale that I fell in love with and I was hoping that if I provided a link that I could be told if it would be allowed to use. I know it might be hard to tell without actually inspecting it in person but I didn't want to save up and get the hammer and find out that I wouldn't be allowed to use it.

TL;DR I need to know if this hammer would be allowed in combat: http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/p-4079-larp-paladin-warhammer.aspx

It isn't really possible to get a definitive answer to your question on the forums, unfortunately. While all safety marshals work from the same basic set of standards, some regional variance in play means that where you play has an affect on what will be allowed and what won't. Further, latex weapons ordered on line can be hit-or-miss; the linked weapon appears to fit into weapon construction guidelines as a short hammer, but without being able to feel the striking area and seeing how much give it has I am not comfortable saying I personally would or would not pass it based solely on the visual.

I can say that Windlass Steelcrafts, the specific manufacturer here, has a pretty good reputation within the Alliance community, so you're getting better than a strictly random chance. Still, I would ask on the chapter forum of the game(s) where you play to get the opinion of the local marshals, who will be the people ultimately in charge of whether it passes or not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back