Wyld-kin items/ideas

Idea base here for Wyld-kin in general. Will update this post with ideas, links, etc that are more 'kin related than anything.

To Fur or Not To Fur....that is the 1st question.

I am thinking of ideas for a fur legging and shoulders.

Basic design:
Northfur FX wolf nose w/ make up & hair dark grayed & headband ears,
fur shoulders padded to mid chest,
fur legging from just above the knee down w/ this type of setup
hpawpic1.jpg
fur tail,
then use a combination of compression shirt & short with a baggy short and/or kilt to cover up.

That's an awesome digigrade leg rep. What's the blue stuff?

Fur is a very interesting idea for your wolf wylderkin.

The only downside I see to fur is the difficulty in cleaning it as you will get it dirty from dust, mud, grass, etc.

Other than that fur is awesome to make your character as realistic as possible.

I also like the feet. It adds a nice touch to the costume and gives it a more realistc look.

I can't wait to see this character, being that I play a fox wylderkin.

jpariury said:
While it looks nifty, I suspect it survives con-room floors better the the wild and crazy woods. Might be better crafted out of leather?

Yeah, I am building it on a stronger base than socks. :D

anyone have good ideas to dye fur? Grey wolves generally have more than one color going on for them

dragonfire8974 said:
anyone have good ideas to dye fur? Grey wolves generally have more than one color going on for them

Check the faux fur at Mill End Store...pricy, but good stuff.
if you checked our the ears I made, those have a gray & black. They also have a brown & black, brown & tan, and a few others that were not of interest to me.

As long as you sew it together well enough, most of the fake furs can be washed by hand. They also breathe pretty well as long as you can stand having the backing against your skin. A little bit of mud makes them look authentic anyway.

Fur is also really, really warm though. So I would recommend wearing it in the winter only.

Also, the fake fur I used (Local fabric store type) was just a little bit stretchy, which worked well for arms/legs.

Lemme see... anything else....

Oh, and if your furred character wears shorts, or you're sewing full leg fur, get a cheap pair of stretch pants, cut them off wherever you want the fur to start, and sew the fur legs to the pants. It keeps everything on. Same for arms, with a tight tee-shirt or tanktop (I couldn't stand the heat, so I have a complicated set of elastic loops to keep arm fur up, kinda like a garter belt for your neck).

So I found this design from a ballet group.
http://www.thecostumegallery.com/mm5/me ... _offset=10
(it doesn't want to imbed for some reason)

I am basically going to do a 1/2 fur top w/ the bracers type of thing coming over the back of the hands, then the legs all sewn onto a leotard type of thing.
I think this would be a good alternative to a ton of fur.

Back