Your Favorites for the August Event!

Icey

Adept
We all know we all had a lot of fun, so what were some memorable events you all had this weekend?

1. Running into the tavern screaming, "York, undead, mausoleum!" and sending the whole tavern to investigate, only for them to realize I wasn't going to lead the way, due to being feared :p
2. Almost being the one who got turned into the death knight, but York grabbed it before Icey was able to.
3. Not wanting to leave York behind and REALLY wanting to destroy that bracelet on him.
4. The salamander mod, dragging Izz'Rack all the way back to town only to discover that there is no Life spell, and he had to rez, and then getting me and Johnathon killed by hiding in a cabin only to discover salamanders can open doors ><
5. With the Kobolds, I out-did a Dark Elf in torture, by wanting to replace its hand with a dagger.
6. Playing games in the tavern with Benjamin
7. The Phase Pairs handed out some pretty nice loot to me :p
8. "-what was her name?" "Your mother!"
9. The Twisted Traders, getting Love 9'd and having a read a note for Kendra when she got back that said, "hahahahahaha we got you, haha." Thankfully the Love 9 wasn't towards Kendra
10. Dire Bear - 15 Normal, 15 Normal. Gorka: "I curse you with weakness" Dire Bear - 10 Normal. 10 Normal. Icey: "With Mystic Force I Web You!" Dire Bear - Ow, ow, ow, down.
11. Attempting to deal with the boggles downstairs, giving up and just giving them an apple to go away for a few minutes by telling them it's a magical chair :p
12. Hearing stories about the Corporate Wizard and meeting a few new people.

NPCs were pretty cool, thanks NPCs!

Had lots of fun this weekend. Soooooo many intense moments because of the shortage of healing, >.<

1. Spending the first day completely without armor and being on the front lines the entire time. Who needs armor anyway?
2. Using up all my cure light wounds potions on the first mod.
3. The salamander mod. How did we have four resurrections from salamanders?
4. The kobolds being held hostage by a little girl. She was a manly little girl.
5. Being taught how to "eh-vhad" (evade) by an NPC. I'm going to use that call when I actually learn it.
6. How tough the Saturday night mod was. Those ogres were scary.
7. The mystic wood elf shouting "your mother" in response to the NPC's question and having to deal with the beastly apparition that appeared because of it, twice. *facepalm*.
8. The badger mod at silly-o-clock. "Badger phase out" "Badger phase in"
9. NPCing a mod for the first time and realizing just how cheap I can be with dual short swords.

Just a few before I run off to work quick. Prolly forgot a lot of things. Looking forward to NPCing in Chicago next weekend.

~having a body gaurd the whole time. Evi was very good at it too, until I died T_T
~Yummy breakfast!
~finding feathers with Davion :3
~Learning how to read and write from Asher, he taught me in 5 minutes! Hes a very good teacher :D
~Listening to Evi learn how to read and write xD
~The cupcake monsters! Best loot ever.
~Falling asleep on the tavern floor
~Davion's awesome arm-wrestleing skills! (and paying Evi so he wouldnt loose to a girl) :D

I did dislike getting sick on saturday and going home though :( Bit I felt much better after some food and a bunch of water as well as a full night's sleep.

Was a really nice weekend. Thanks Staff and NPCs!

- The Mushroom cavern w/ undead mod. Everyone entangled and eaten except for Lady Dark Elf, Benjamin and myself by the Shambling mound boss. I think I put at least 400 damage into it with just "2 normal"s and a destruction.
- Gorka's face when she found her box was eaten, but everything was accounted for.
- Learning 9th level spells from an Earth Guild member
- The many interpretive dances of Asher: Swaying Maple and Weeping Willow, others
- "Hey Davion, welcome back...so...how'd it go?......Oh that's great...by the way, I caught Jimmy Three-face!" *He looks at me, walks to the barkeep* "I need the strongest drink you've got!"
- Izz'rak being best friends with [fake] Jimmy three-face and learning about his future plans.
- Cupcake Mod
- Sat night mod: "What is her name?" "Your mother!" Not once, not twice, but 3 times. Thanks Dawson.
- Meeting all the new players and talking about Dryad history with 'Anthony
- More to come I'm sure.
- Distracting Talitha with the 2 Squirrels and a Chipmunk

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful event! In no particular order:
  • Channeling Chimeric power at the Giant's Walk! That was incredible for everyone involved!
  • "With eldritch force I build a wizard lock." .... "I call upon the Earth to craft an Earthen Seal! There you go, Kendra: an Earth ward, as I promised." ;) Silly barbarians.
  • Late night barbarians on Saturday night. Thanks to Dan, other Dan, and Gwen for such awesome RP!
  • Forsaken fight with the Ophidian Shaman. I will avenge you, I promise.
  • Dark elf mission to collect the "item", even with Saloo's repeated sabotage. ;)
  • Tavern floor fan nap before dinner. I didn't intend to sleep, but that nap made me feel so much better.
  • Gorka trying to sneakily lead people on a trek to get Gandian see something, but making it look like the town was giving Gandian the cold shoulder.
  • Death Jester cane! "3 Elemental Stone! Hee hee hee hee hee hee!"
  • Late night Runeforge plot! Now I know which Provinces it's illegal to cast Life magic or Death magic, as well as other strange extraplanar tidbits. And Runeforge got himself suspended from class! Ha!
And probably more, but I my sleep-desperate mind is practically mush at the moment, so I can't think of things. Perhaps I'll post more later.

I had a greAt weekend even though I was unable to fight all the time. :)
Some favorites include
* being Ophilia's body gaurd.. sorry i let you die.. :(
* learning how to read and write by saloo.... it only took like a half hour!!! oh and the alphabet has about 5 or more Fs and fox is not spelled fox..... great time RPing. :) that helped me alot because i was down about not being allowed to fight....
* cup cake mod. thansk guys. :D ( oh but having all of my limbs not work was kind of a drag...) lol but still fun. me- "Too many cup cakes!!!! I can't eat anymore!!" yummy though. ;)
* having people with experience about tattoos so when I was stupid about things they were able to help me out and keep me in check.
* poker friday night into saturday morning. :) ( evi had to admit Saloo was better then her at more things though... She didn't like that very much!! and thanks NPCs who came in and BSed with us that night!!! )
* Harlokin's (sp?) role playing Break Command. :) Rping always makes things better. although he did have to use like three of his five break commands on me.... sorry.
* being bazerked after Asher used a shatter on the bracelet... dropping Asher made me sad though. hahah Gandian then used an Awakening on me then apologizing for commanding me like that. hahahah :)
* not so fun moment but will stick with me - almost passing out Saturday morning and being told that I had looked really white and that people will really worried about me. Thorador had to snap his fingers to make sure I was still "with it". and that is why we have RNAs on sight. :) (thanks Thomas, and every one else who helped me that night.
* having three different types of honor duels and getting in trouble for 2 of the 3 of them...

I'm sure there will be more that i just can't remember right now, but overall it was a great weekend. :) thank you everyone who was there!!!

What wasn't fun about this event? Fantastic all around! I feel like York finally had time to really shine, develop as a person and character, and do something really fun/stupid.

-First mod of the night with a couple newbies in tow York becomes undead and proceeds to do his very best to roll as much of the town as possible, kind of curious about what would have happened had I actually been put in the Earth Circle.
- The "I touched it!" followed by everyone's reaction to me returning with a skeletal mask and gloves, Also having the best RP screaming ever to get gorka to leave (everyone in that mausoleum would have rezzed if York hadn't made them leave with the last bits of his sanity).
-York we're leaving you behind, No your not, York we're leaving you behind, No your not, York we're leaving you behind, No your not, York come with us.
-Amazing time at giants walk, feeling the element with my cool new friend Kendra (pun intended)
-RP time with Jonathan and Gorka, Wait York WANTS to talk.... Something must be horribly wrong!
-Peters bandit and Yorks traumatizing experience in searching him.... *shudders*
-Being nice to the militia guys, York's totally been there.
-Talking to Lady Grey for the first time ever....
-Curse you rifty mushrooms!!!!
-Doing my deputy duties in resolving the duel mishap.
-Over hearing Brents Militia man starting the rumor York is running for Guardian and just shaking my head.

Not sure I'll ever understand why so many people trust and support York but it's pretty cool!

First thing first. I'm sorry guys, but I felt really bad this weekend. I've reached a crossroads in my life OOG and have been getting almost no sleep. Even last night, I struggled to get a full 8 hours even with sleeping aids. So sorry that I couldn't help more, sorry that I took off in the middle of the game. I hope in the future, I can help prevent those resses to my fullest ability.

1) Ignoring a major plot line I'm involved in (Salacious Carnifax) only to find out it was a horrific trap.
2) Soloo (Dawson's new character) is great. F A B C F. Hahaha, I loved the spellings for things like fox.
3) TAKE OFF YOUR DAM SHIRT. Icey, you're a great guy, I look forward to RPing with you more in the future.
4) Evi's guarding of Ophelia.
5) Starting a new group with Thorador (Btw, we are the "Keepers of the Darkened Sun" gold and white are our colors). The RP was amazing, I hope we can do more like it.
6) AMAZING AMAZING Giant's walk battle. I love that I've finally become effective at combat. I had soooo much fun. (Those cards were huge, imagine like +1200 build points huge).
7) More creative searching. I think we should all continue to focus on that.
8) Davion deciding he wants York to be a guardian (despite his hatred for authority) and figuring out how Davion might arrange for that to happen :p Deciding to pay some people to start a rumor and thinking that wouldn't be very effective. Instead, he had people pay HIM for a "really juicy rumor". York for Guardian!
9) Going out collecting feathers with Ophelia. Being an elf is great, I'm really loving the character.
10) Using Mwe spelling to spell out a bunch of people's names.
11) Confusing the heck out of Benjamin because of Davion's ever shifting abilities. "How much do you swing for?" "Well, it depends how I feel, I don't feel as strong right now, so only 3, but sometimes I swing for 5, and when I'm really weak I only swing for 2."

Firstly everyone was so nice helping me understand the RP and all the small parts to it. So thanks everyone! I could notice vaguely understanding to knowing what I was saying over the weekend. So fave things (in no specific order):

+Badger Badger Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom! at Silly-O-Clock
+Being the tavern assistant, I learned So much in there and did enjoy cooking.
+Being a Boggle "We have a problem, there are only 29 chairs and 2 boggles. We need more chairs."
+Being a Barbarian and having an honor duel even though I knew I would loose.
+Using a shield and battling in the woods/field that was fun. Now I am questioning the use of a shield more often.
+Being a Twister Traveler, Was really sleepy then but still funny.
+Seeing Harlequin laying down looking at the trees and joining him, Thanks for reminding me to stop and enjoy the trees in the sunlight was relaxing.

There was much fun to be had through this whole event Thank you!

~ Dragging Jonathan away from undead when he wouldn't retreat with the rest of us.
~ Jonathan blaming Talitha for his second death because she hadn't been there, looking out for him. There's just no winning in any of it...
~ Asher's distractions. :p
~ Learning Terminate and practicing on Thorador. *sneaks up behind Thor and pokes his back* "You have been Terminated." *Thor turns around; everyone peers at Talitha.* "I'm practicing!" *noms freezie gleefully*
~ The looks on all our faces when we got our spiked Seeker/Guardian cards, and trying to remain somewhat serious while Stephen was explaining them.
~ Controlling the elements, but especially Gandian moving the sun. Whoa.
~ Epic mod was epic! :lol: ... and exhausting! :zonks:
~ "Killing blow one, Killing blow two, Killing blow three... (about six carriers at once)!!"
~ Lightning storm during the Saturday night mod.
~ The dragon murals.
~ The surrealness of everyone whispering as we fought the shades. I think we're a more effective group when we're not all shouting at each other...
~ Fighting shields (from the front). The pose I often ended up in looks absolutely ridiculous. :p
~ Ariana thanking people every time she went down.
~ Sitting on a table to get some last hits into Dave's dismembered flame/ice baddie.
~ Nabbing me some good things in auction. Talitha with Vengeance = Good idea.
~ The ridiculous silly o'clock mod where we were set up to fight each other, with some badger-kin thrown in the middle.
~ Trying to pry Jonathan away from the Celestial circle.
~ RP with Gubba/Gorka and Jonathan (and later, Gandian) in the Earth circle.

This was a very satisfying event altogether. Fun mods, great RP. Thanks everyone! :) Can't wait for the next one! and I'll see some of you in Chicago.

Aww, sorry, Johnathon's death was actually Icey's fault >< I didn't realize that Salamanders were able to open doors now.

Those Salamanders are adapting! Better watch it before they start their own empire!

In no particular order:
Eating a mushroom which made me drowsy and hallucinate.
Hugging a skinned Dire Bear
Getting a "special magic chair" from the boggle after it waylayed me
Learning that which creatures can waylay
Finding out how good I can be with a shield with no practice
Eating a cupcake with an arm and a leg stunned and also eating a sandwich while they were stunned
Playing Bendy Posy with Onion, later I was knocked to -1 by him and a Dark Elf actually knocked him down afterwards because he didn't know Norgra deserved it
Sleeping and walking around with a pink long bow even without being able to use it
Overhearing Gorka trying to get Kendra to hook up with Norgra
Chasing Boggles half naked with no shoes and just two swords
Watching Badgers dance at Silly O' Clock

Best of all:
BEING GREEN! :D

SO MANY GOOD THINGS! I'm starting to love these low-level events. GOOD TIMES ENSUE.
Favorites?
-Asher is always a highlight. He is the man.
-As is Shanthony. New best friend.
-AWESOME rp, learning more about York (I still want it to be a delusion) and Gorka (I'm a little scared if it's not a delusion).
-Dying. Cuz of salamanders. Not a high point, but a memorable one nonetheless... :D
-Modsoleum. I GOT A SHINEY THING. And got to use a resist in a fairly badass way.
-Giant's walk. Seriously, wut.
-Being emo.
-Saloo's luckiest fart ever.
A bunch I forgot.

- Seeing the look on everyone's face as they just received their big cards for the forsaken plot fight
- RP with York (now Ice brother) and having hair color changed from the Ice element. Then being able to cast protective magic during the fight (so much to remember XD)
- simultaneous killing blow on chaos jester and the battle roar from everyone after
- badger phase in...badger phase out..
- twisted traders....XD
- First honor duel against other Barbarians ...Kendra didn't think she was going to win that one..they looked angry XD

Back