Zweihander style

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious about using zweihander style sword. I saw someone post about a weapon being used as 2 different weapons (I believe it was a spear being used as a javelin) This is different but close enough to where I thought I would ask. The style I used the Zweihander in my old LARP would have me use it like a 2 handed sword, a long sword, Or a spear. This is just the style though no change in the rules damage wise and they are all melee attacks. Is this ok?

For those who do not know a zweihander is pretty much a 2 handed sword but longer (5'5 - 6') and has a second grip and hand guard above the first.

So, as a fellow lover of ridiculously huge swords it's something I've looked into this before. You could use one, but it would be labeled in our system under the polearm skill. On page 81-82 of the Alliance Rule Book (ARB) you can see that a polearm is a weapon between 62 and 72 inches. It must have a padded head that is shaped appropriate to the weapon type, which in this case is a big frakking sword. You could not use it one handed, at all, but assuming it has a proper thrusting tip, you could 2-handed thrust or slash with the weapon. As always, if you're looking to purchase or create a weapon I strongly recommend contacting the chapter you're looking to play at to ensure it meets local safety standards. This holds doubly true for weapons which may be outside of the norm for weapon construction like this zweihander.

*edited for grammar

Last edited:
Oh wow I never thought to even put it under polearm. Food for thought. Thanks for the info :) I will check with local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back