National Event Information?

AlikVanmil

Hi everyone,

Myself and a few of my companions are considering going to the National event in a few months, we are trying to make a decision soon so we can start budgeting accordingly. Is there any word on when any information will be coming out? Such as cost of entry, lodging, food plan, magic items etc.

Hello! You can expect that cost of entry, lodging, and food plan details will be up and available within the week. We will also be launching the fundraiser shortly!

Thanks,

Emily

I am also very interested in more information to be able to make my travel plans. What is the bedding and shower situation? Mats, floor space? Hot, cold?

Also natives what is the weather like? and the vegetation, lots of burs? Is this a high altitude place? I'm a flat lander.

It's typically temperate that time of year. But as it is the Pacific Northwest, be prepared for rain and lots of it. But sometimes, we are lucky and get lots of sun. The vegetation is mostly soft plants, sometimes you might run into stinging nettles and blackberry bushes. The altitude is not high at all. It is only 300' above sea level. There is some small hills but most of it is flat.

There are mats in each cabin and a heater in all cabins. There is some floor space as we have had people use cots in the past. There are standard camp showers that do get extremely hot if you are not careful.

Hopefully this helps :)

I'm happy to field that question as a regular attendee of the site in question.

Millersylvania State Park ELC provides several cabins for use. These cabins are able to comfortably bunk up to 8 individuals using four sets of bunk beds. Additionally, each of these cabins are heated and electrical, with outlets available. The bunks do have mattresses, though you'll need to provide your own bedding. The floor space, in my opinion, is pretty good. In the cabin I regularly use, there's enough space for a close-to-max-size Limited Circle of Power between the back bunks.

We also do have heated showers in our bathroom facility.

Our main tavern building also has a full-sized commercial kitchen, walk in fridge and a separate standing freezer.

This is not a high-altitude area.

Regarding weather: May can be rainy, though we've been having fluctuations during the last couple of years. I echo Norm, you should be prepared for rain, but it's entirely possible that it'll be a dry event, too.

The site does have treelines and sections of forestry. We also have some fairly large-sized open areas.

In the cabin I regularly use, there's enough space for a close-to-max-size Limited Circle of Power between the back bunks.

This is not entirely true. The cabins are not big enough to contain the 6' radius Circle you can create. (many think the ARB states 6' diameter)

Uggggh.

Norm's right.

So, yeah. Assume I'm referring to a 6' diameter circle. >.>

Does Millers still have a problem with the monster ant mounds?

Technically rodent mounds not ant mounds (having lived in Texas I thought ants at first too). They haven't been a real problem as of late, but can crop up at any time due to, well, rodents.

Ben: There's also some rather impressively large anthills that appear during certain times of the year (think 2' tall and 3' in diameter) that Sarah's referring to. Yes, these still occur, though they're usually not much of a problem in May.

The ant hills are mostly in the wooded areas near the dry bridges. There are also 2 (I think) in the middle of the "forest" cabins. Those are active in May.

Now I feel bad for giving incorrect info. ;__; Thanks Bryan and Norm for correcting me.

I'd completely forgotten about those anthills.

Now I feel bad for giving incorrect info. ;__; Thanks Bryan and Norm for correcting me.

To be fair, I only remember them because of Terran falling into one...

Are there sites for tents? How big are they, if so?

Yes, there are spots for tents, but I don't know precisely how many spots there are.

I'd recommend shooting an email at manager@alliance-seattle.com for specifics!

-Evan

A better question would be does site allow tents?

It does. I apologize, that's what my original response was meant to imply. We do allow tents.

What Evan said. A lot of combat occurs around the cabins we sleep in so it would be best to find out from the General Manager about where tents will be allowed. With the size of Monster Camp, I'm pretty sure they will need tents for NPCs.

Back