Hi guys

Calico

Hi, I'm new here and to larping in general, and I wanted to start up and give it a try. If there's someone/anyone that could help me i'd really appreciate it. I've only been able to decide my fighting stance. where do i go from here?

Hi! I am glad to hear that you are looking to join up with us! I highly recommend looking into what type of character you would like to play. Do you want to play a sneaky rogue type or a hard hitting fighter? Do you want to be role-play heavy or more combat oriented? I also highly recommend coming and NPCing with us for a weekend! It will give you a good chance to see what the game is like and will give you a chance to check out the different types of combat and characters, as well as a chance to RP as a variety of characters. Our next game is in August, you can check out the information on our Announcements board.

Best,
Anthea
Writer Enerret Plot

Hey Calico! I'm Spencer!

I'm a player, not staff so take everything I say with a grain of salt :D

The first thing you'll want to do is take a look at the rulebook: http://alliancelarp.com/alliancerulebook.pdf

After that, you'll want to take a look at our 2017 event schedule: https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/alliance-sf-2017-schedule.34005/

A couple weeks prior to an event, there will be a post called pre-reg or pre-registration that will be the place for you to RSVP for an event- that post will also have details like addresses and price for the event.

I personally highly recommend NPCing/Crewing your first event (volunteering your time to play monsters and other characters for the players to interact with). It's a great way to get experience with the game and figure out what you enjoy doing before you build your own character. NPCing is also free and includes food! All you need to do to NPC is show up in all black clothing and comfortable shoes- staff will give you all your costuming and tell you what to do.

Hope to see you on the hill!

-Spencer

Hi there! If you need help deciding what to play or once you do decide what race you want to play, please email enerretplot@gmail.com and we can help you and also provide you with a race packet which will give you more information about the race locally. We hope to meet you soon!

Thanks,

Jim

Hey Calico,

If you don't want to wait until August to meet up with folks, we actually have something coming up next Saturday, and also on two weekends in July that you might be interested in! Alliance is currently working through adopting rules revisions, and we're holding official playtests to help determine what works and what doesn't. All the information you need is on our Facebook group, and we'd absolutely love to have you there to help provide a brand new player's perspective. This upcoming playtest is in Santa Clara, in the South Bay, but the July ones may potentially be more on the peninsula. If you can make it, it'd be great to have you! These playtests are free, and no garb or costuming (aside from armor, if you're using any) is required.

Thank you

Chris Fernandez (Tevas)
Alliance San Francisco Playtest Coordinator
Alliance LARP Playtest Community Manager

Hi, I'm new here and to larping in general, and I wanted to start up and give it a try. If there's someone/anyone that could help me i'd really appreciate it. I've only been able to decide my fighting stance. where do i go from here?
Well at least you have a fighting stance!

Back