Selling back workshops

It would come out of Treasure Policy because the ARB doesn't have a mechanism for selling it back, meaning that any local policy that puts coin in your hand without a reason provided by the ARB would come out of TP.

Does that help?

We also know that transactions that are made between the chapter (NPC's) and players (characters) also do NOT count toward/against the treasure policy for a weekend.

I've heard something a bit to the contrary from a current HoP in a recent discussion (but similar): I've heard that a transaction does not count towards TP if the exchange covered at least the TP value of the item being provided.

As an example, if Plot was "selling" a Cure Mortal Wounds, and received a minimum of 40 Copper for it, no expenditure of TP would be counted. Additionally, if Plot was selling a Cure Mortal Wounds and received 80 Copper for it, the 40 Copper TP would not be expended, and the additional would just sorta vanish into the aether (it would not inflate available TP).

If Plot was selling a Cure Mortal Wounds and received 20 Copper for it, the remaining 20 Copper would have to come out of TP.

Anyways,

I still don't think that Workshops should function like alternative-coin. I think they should work like toggles, and that you have to pay 10 Gold to turn it on, and eventually that toggle will go to the Off position, in order for you to pay 10 gold again.

I've heard something a bit to the contrary from a current HoP in a recent discussion (but similar): I've heard that a transaction does not count towards TP if the exchange covered at least the TP value of the item being provided.

As an example, if Plot was "selling" a Cure Mortal Wounds, and received a minimum of 40 Copper for it, no expenditure of TP would be counted. Additionally, if Plot was selling a Cure Mortal Wounds and received 80 Copper for it, the 40 Copper TP would not be expended, and the additional would just sorta vanish into the aether (it would not inflate available TP).

If Plot was selling a Cure Mortal Wounds and received 20 Copper for it, the remaining 20 Copper would have to come out of TP.

Anyways,

I still don't think that Workshops should function like alternative-coin. I think they should work like toggles, and that you have to pay 10 Gold to turn it on, and eventually that toggle will go to the Off position, in order for you to pay 10 gold again.

This is also my understanding of selling/auctioning items by NPCs. As to your second point, while I leave the should to the discretion of the individual plot teams, as far as I see, they can.

-

Last edited:
The ten gold that was paid by the player was already charged to Treasure Policy.

Craftsman.

And considering the popularity of MWEs on the west coast alone, Ima argue that there's a loooot of coin in our system that didn't come from TP.

You're correct that I'm concerned about the lack of methods of taking coin out of the system; that's a good reason that I'm against any modification to the ARB that would translate a Workshop into something that has a PP value.

-

Last edited:
Can I then take my chapter X workshop and then sell it back in chapter Y like we can with PP tags?

-

Last edited:
Do we differentiate from coin that is acquired via Craftsman Skills and coin that isn't when traveling between chapters and whether or not another chapter accepts/rejects that coin?

We do differentiate between tags created by craftsman and some tag that says I own anything else that isn't a pp item.

On difference is that a workshop cannot be stolen.

And that is the most compelling reason why you shouldn't do this, in my opinion. All other forms of hard value are stealable/destructible. It would make workshops the de facto "bank note" of Fortanis.

And that is the most compelling reason why you shouldn't do this, in my opinion. All other forms of hard value are stealable/destructible. It would make workshops the de facto "bank note" of Fortanis.

This and Chapters will have to reprint the tag every time the switch owners.

... Hostile takeover? Not sure how you'd do that in-game (without it being construed as bullying out of game), but I can see it being a possibility.

Hasn't been stolen yet*

If it had value, somebody would devise a way to take it.

Literally says on the tag that it cannot be stolen.*

*Says this for Oregon and Seattle tags, anyways.

The workshop can be sold to another char-
acter...

From that same page.

If workshops became an important commodity, it's not too hard to imagine people being forced to sign over the land rights or whatever for a copper. There are at least a thousand movies about this.

Just because the tag can't be pickpocketed doesn't mean it's safe from charms/RP/extortion.

From that same page.

If workshops became an important commodity, it's not too hard to imagine people being forced to sign over the land rights or whatever for a copper. There are at least a thousand movies about this.

Just because the tag can't be pickpocketed doesn't mean it's safe from charms/RP/extortion.

I guess, but they're still -significantly- safer than other forms of commodities that are represented by stuff you can just take from a body.

Nobody's saying you can't transfer a workshop, just that they can't be stolen. Actually stolen. Like coins, tags, components, etc can be.

Back