WEEKEND REVIEW: "The Evil Among Us" (OCTOBER 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
The construct gone, the forest healing. The summoner defeated; corruption routed among the elven military and a general brought to "justice". Contracts signed, securing resources for the new lands. The beginning of the end... soon will come the time for the heroes to move on from the Fort Shaundaular, and start their journey into Rocholm.
----

Quick turnaround! Please have IBGAs and MI picks in by NOVEMBER 4th.

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

I think what I liked most about his weekend is.... jk ;)

Best
Running around the crystal infection fight repairing armour. Hearing players new and old recognize and appreciate my blacksmithing. I never expected Billin to be someone people seek out and it still surprises me when it happens.

Worst
Sleeping in Saturday morning as no one in my cabin had set an alarm and we did not hear any horns. Although we did eat together as a cabin so that was neat.

See more of
Non prominent players stepping up and gaining the experience to lead and take charge.

Character pov
Looking over I saw a handful of my friends on their own trying to connect some leylines and I run over during a calm in the fight. "Do any of you need your armour fixed up?" Almost all present state they could use some patching and I set to work doing what I could. After I fixed the first set of leather armour someone commented "Billin can repair all of our armour in the time it would take me to do my own." Hearing that the years of work I put into my craft was noticed by those that I aided made me smile. I might not be able to fight as well as many here but this I could do well. After I was fixing everyone's armour in this group I took off towards another handful to see what I could do before more of those infected found us.

1. I like the crystal mod. It was interesting to have a bunch of steps and have to determine who was doing what with their strength and skills.

2. I was only there for super Saturday so I missed the start of game meeting where they had provided important about specific effects. I found out too late.

3. Mods like the Crystal mod that make people think and strategize. Using wizard skills, blacksmithing skills , puzzles, fighter protecting the others etc. We had to work together. I am happy to say that I've seen some nice teamwork this event.

4. Bota was walking around the fort with Yetta talking about nature and enjoying the company. He noticed something on the grass. A leather book.

The books tells him that he is the best blacksmith in the world. He tells Yetta about his accomplishments as a blacksmith but Yetta replies back that she is the best blacksmith. There can't be two best blacksmith.Then the arguments starts and the keep on fighting about their blacksmiths skills as they walk back to the commons.

He sees many pitiful weapons and feels that he needs to fix this situation. After all he would not want his friends to die wielding such poor weapons. He spent the next while offering everyone his blacksmithing skills and touching more metal than he has ever touched. It hurts but he likes metal after all. At least that is what he thought at the time. Luckily some of his friends thought it may be a good idea to protect Bota from himself and keeping him busy so he does not end up touching everything metallic. He finally met Thistle who quickly noticed that the dryad was not acting normally. She followed him everywhere making sure he stops touching every weapons and armor he sees.

Last edited:
1. This weekend was just a bunch of high points!
-The crystaldream fight was chaotic and fun
-The Illithid fight was epic
-The summoner fight at the end was a blast!
-And my personal favorite, the Underground Forest. Has been a highlight for me this summer season, so getting to see it come to a close is both awesome and sad (no more underground forest :(
-Sorta being in charge for the underground forest (well, a team anyways). It's a nice change of pace that I'd like to try doing more
-The Dark Reaches were quick, to the point, and didn't feel like it dragged at all. In and out before midnight means we got to go to bed at a reasonable hour!
-Roleplay/arguing with Elwynd about goblins (if they have sentience, they are people, dammit!)
-Rescuing Evo!
-Talking to Kumari about her....mistake.
-The town mod at the beginning of game. I love these so much. I want more of these!
-The fear of almost losing 15 gold in alchemy. I quickly put that away after the mod.
-Eventually noticing that Savant was trailing me all weekend, wandering off alone, webbing him and finding out what the heck was up (turns out, nothing was up, he was just bored)
-Being named the protector of the underground forest (because Siegart wasn't there :D)

2. -My body is full of pain, still. This is somehow your fault
-I don't think I've been receiving the 15 gobbies for my reviews. Unless I need to tag the post with my name instead of signature?
-Our lair (goblin knight) seemed a little underwhelming and more like a wildrun instead of a lair. But, we may have just gone completely off script. Who knows?!
-I'm now terrified of normal carriers. but this is my fault.

-Specialty town mods like what we did for Kumari this year, and Arlyne and Sarryn last.

Ruki watched in horror as he watched the fey lord pulling Evo apart, rib by rib. It was heart breaking, disgusting, and he couldn't stand for this anymore. As the fey lord removed another part of his friend, Ruki drew his sword, stepped forward and shouted, "Leave him alone, you fey ****!!!"

Ruki had done a lot of stupid things in his time, but perhaps none as stupid as this...

1. -Shatter core. Until the day I die. Because the weapon was lit up like a Christmas tree, and I saw the whole thing.
-The town mod was cool.
-A certain someone detonating an IED right at my feet, and all the associated happenings thereafter.

2. -Can it be summer again?
-It was pretty dark in the archery range for the forest fight. Made my ankles nervous. Then again it also forced me to pay better attentiom to my surroundings so that's a win.
-I ran out of ways to hurt things in the last fight so I started getting bored until I managed to find some way to get creative.

3. Character mods, that was fun to be a part of.

4. Radke sensed the presence of the elf behind him a moment too late to shout out. Even as the Unspoken in front of him was trying to kill him, it was the Rocholm behind him that would succeed. He felt a hot flash of wind, and darkness consuked him.

The next thing he knew he was in pain, albeit a slowly diminishing form, as the archmage reassembled him from the pile of slimy wet chunks he had been reduced to by the explosion. A cold rage began to gnaw at him as he realized he had been so thoroughly shredded by such a careless mistake.

Someone was going to get a talking to.

~Marty

Super low key weekend for me, and I worked to keep it that way. But it was still a good weekend. High points for me were Kai sharking me for the better of the two Spell store rituals that Saryn had for sale, and the bit of pride she had for that, as well as Saryn's amusement over it; and also reuniting with my student Vezril and presenting him with the AA ritual I got for him. Cast my first ritual too.

Nothing here really. There seemed to be a lot for folks to do and most everyone was kept reasonably busy.

you know, I don't know. Big mods not after dark when some of us can't see and packets still work well?

"This is for you. We're in especially dangerous times right now, and things will only get worse from here on out." Darien handed Vezril the Arcane Armor Ritual scroll he had requested on behalf of his student some months back. It was only now that they were together again, the life of an Arcane Sanctum member was a busy one. "Fill it out with reagents, and when you're ready, I'll cast it for you."

Darien had thought that would take some time, and was somewhat taken aback when Vezril approached him later in the afternoon "I have everything! Can we cast it?"

It was now some hours later. Night had fallen, and they were alone in the circle. Darien began the ritual casting. There was magic all around them...

1. Fighting the illiquid was fun.
Going to take down the general was fantastic. It was a small group of us and we went in like a swat team and took out the target swiftly.
But my most favourite mad was going into the catacombs for the fate spinner. For a mod that I was asked to go on because I was littraly just standing near by and they needed an extra person I had a lot of fun.

2.most of these for me this weekend were my own shortcomings but the one thing that wasnt was, a group of us went to go on a wild run and we we called over the radio we go no answer whatsoever. Even if there wasnt going to be anything sombody could have been monitoring the channel.

3. Mods with a variety of things to do. Many mods end up being go here and talk to and or kill this person/thing. Throwing a puzzle or trap into the mix enhances the experience in my opinion.

4. I see a chest up ahead on a pedistal and think to myself, there is a good chance that that chest is trapped. So he starts stripping himself of all his easily exploded gear in preparation to go disarm it. Bogart offers to let me wear his enchanted armour for a little extra protection which I gladly except.
After successfully disarming the trap I almost pick up the chest before the thought crosses my mind that there could be a pressure plate under it. At this point it would be easier just to pictures the contents of the chest out instead of trying to disarm another trap which is exactly what I did. After I close the lid again and start walking away I get a feeling of certain clarity that the pedistal was indeed traped as if the wind itself had told me so.

2.most of these for me this weekend were my own shortcomings but the one thing that wasnt was, a group of us went to go on a wild run and we we called over the radio we go no answer whatsoever. Even if there wasnt going to be anything sombody could have been monitoring the channel.
there were radio issues. We were monitoring, but something was up with the radio at the run. We are looking into it though.

The goblins who stole the blacksmiths cart, Watching Donny pike goblin heads, getting paid 2 copper to turn on Marty and Donny, the starting town mod, generally the whole event

Night fights are very hard when there is no moon out. With the npc's wearing all black I can't see anything at all, so going on them is almost pointless. If they wore tabbards or something that weren't black that might help.

more chances to turn on Marty :p

The goblin hands 2 copper over to Jinn and says "I'll give you these shiny's to join us! Plus there are so many more to be had if you help us kill your friends." Jinn happily pockets the copper and walks behind the goblins, getting in nice disarm range. Johm looks at him quizzically and a bit of panic flashes in his eyes... Later he would find out that Johm actually thought that he was joining the goblins for a split second. "I trust Ruki, but not you!" Johm told him in the tavern.

The goblin hands 2 copper over to Jinn and says "I'll give you these shiny's to join us! Plus there are so many more to be had if you help us kill your friends." Jinn happily pockets the copper and walks behind the goblins, getting in nice disarm range. Johm looks at him quizzically and a bit of panic flashes in his eyes... Later he would find out that Johm actually thought that he was joining the goblins for a split second. "I trust Ruki, but not you!" Johm told him in the tavern.

Let's see if that's still the case after November...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back