[0.10] Potion Coating, Poison Cache, Poison Trigger

tieran

Duke
Alliance Rules
Gettysburg Staff
Marshal
Poison Cache (Item [Melee Weapon]) - A weapon with a Poison Cache Ritual may have an additional Contact Poison applied. The wielder may choose in which order any applied Contact Poisons will be used. Multiples of this ritual may exist on a weapon at the same time, allowing for larger numbers of Contact Poisons on the weapon at the same time.

Poison Trigger (Item [Melee Weapon]) - When a weapon with Poison Trigger has a Contact Poison applied, the wielder may choose on which weapon swing to release the Poison (instead of it automatically invoking on the next weapon swing). Once a character activates a Contact Poison, it is considered used even if the character stops swinging for its effect before it lands or resolves. This affects any Contact Poisons applied to the weapon.

Potion Coating (Item [Melee Weapon]) - The Potion Coating Ritual allows Earth Potions to be applied to the target weapon in exactly the same manner as a contact poison. These potions are delivered with the Spell qualifier. This Ritual may be combined with other Rituals as appropriate.

So, if my read on this is right, these three rituals in conjunction allow for the creation of a weapon that will be capable of multiple spellstrikes of any earth spell (which can be made into a potion) and can be refilled, with a 3 count for each applied potion, until you run out of potions.

Is there something that I am missing that is preventing this?

Am I being too generous in my interpretation of “allows Earth Potions to be applied to the target weapon in exactly the same manner as a contact poison,” and how that phrasing interacts with the other two rituals?

I love these rituals so much. It makes poison coatings useful when you have only one weapon.

As written in 0.9 and prior, it was "unlimited" (only limited by charges on item) pseudo-spellstrikes of potions. Basically, you put 3 chambers on it, you get 3 strikes. Not sure if meditate impacts this now. Ie, 10min meditate between strikes.

Yeah, but it seems as if it’s less about charges and more about fillable slots, due to the additional contact poison wording. There is nothing the prevents me from putting a new coating on a weapon after having used one on it previously.

So, you make the weapon with, say, 4 slots on it.

You put in 2 purify & 2 cure 40.

Your buddy gets dropped by an undead. You tag them with 2 “Spell Cure Wounds 40,” slap the undead with a “Spell Purify” and then kill it.

You then refill the weapon with 3 more purify and can proceed with slapping more undead with them.

So wait... There is a way to unlimitedly for non earth casters to turn earth spells via potions into spellstrikes, but no way to mimic celestial in the same way?... Kinda makes you think...

scrolls take a build skill and cant turn it into spell strikes.

Traps are, well refer to the trap thread for how debated there use is.

scrolls take a build skill and cant turn it into spell strikes.

Traps are, well refer to the trap thread for how debated there use is.
You're right. To make it fair potions should require a build skill to use. And so there are no other rituals (since that's what we're talking about) that will allow someone to spellstrike a celestial spell?

You're right. To make it fair potions should require a build skill to use. And so there are no other rituals (since that's what we're talking about) that will allow someone to spellstrike a celestial spell?

Yes, just like alchemy gases, traps, and battlemagic scrolls...

All other spellstrike rituals work for both schools, But this is an extra way to get earth spells strikes without celestial equivalent (And without even the need for an earth caster). It is almost like they want everyone to have easy access to earth stuff. While not giving the same treatment to celestial.... Weird...

What do you want to bet that potion coating is a earth and celestial ritual so that a Celestial made weapon can do earth stuff?

What do you want to bet that potion coating is a earth and celestial ritual so that a Celestial made weapon can do earth stuff?
I don't actually know so I'm going to ask, is earth aura/elemental aura the only reason to make a weapon earth or celestial?

Reavers and slayers, What school of per days or spellstrikes you want to use. Is a few reasons but less over time. As 2.0 removes alot of the difference.

That said weapons in 2.0 are very class specific, which I dont like. Currently I have had a sword for 17+ years through 4 classes and it has served me fine. In 2.0 weapons will have very class specific things like Raging blow, memory strike of a set school, etc etc.

Can’t you store Scrolls into weapons via Memory Strike?

Also, you make a weapon Earth for Item Recall.

Newbs.

Git gud.

:D

Can’t you store Scrolls into weapons via Memory Strike?

Memory Strike (Item [Weapon]) - Memory Strike allows a weapon to be charged, once per day, with a spell from memory of the same Aspect as the Ritual. This will expire at the next logistics.

So no you cant. And even if you could, it expires sooner then a potion coating.

Begone trash panda.

Spell store doesn't seem to say anything about being cast from memory...

There are a fair number of protectives and status removers that can be stored from a scroll into an item and touch cast out. It's not quite a spellstrike, but it's close enough to a potion blade for government work.

Back