Looking for Ritual Scroll!

p.richard

Scholar
Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eye, is looking for a Summon: Magical Creature scroll from any and all lands! If you have components to cast the ritual, even better.

The Orcs of the Bleeding Eye are planning a great hunt for 6 of our own and would like to summon a beast for this purpose. Reply here if you got what Bones needs.

Thousand Bones, chieftain of the Bleeding Eye

Summon magical creature is a controlled scroll in New Acarthia, meaning that its use requires permission from the Ducal court. In addition to the scroll it also requires a catalyst. It also summons Fey and their ilk, so at lower levels it will summon things like Quicklings, and with more components and a more skilled scholar it can summon all the way up to fey lords, satyrs, and unicorns. The scroll should really be called summon fey rather than summon creature; it's not the sort of thing you would want to use to summon up something for the hunt unless you want to end up cursed or rifted to another plane.

Hold on, I've encountered this kind of thing before...how much is the fine and can I get a discount paying it directly to an official with the ability to allow rituals in advance?

I'd hate for someone to miss out on a hunt.

-Kallith
MWE Busybody

Summon magical creature is a controlled scroll in New Acarthia, meaning that its use requires permission from the Ducal court. In addition to the scroll it also requires a catalyst. It also summons Fey and their ilk, so at lower levels it will summon things like Quicklings, and with more components and a more skilled scholar it can summon all the way up to fey lords, satyrs, and unicorns. The scroll should really be called summon fey rather than summon creature; it's not the sort of thing you would want to use to summon up something for the hunt unless you want to end up cursed or rifted to another plane.

Well it's a good thing your not going to be in New Acarthia

If you want to summon a creature to hunt, then I suggest Summon Extra Planar Creature instead. The options for summoning are much more varied, but also much more random.

Also, note that what you summon is sentient (either Extra Planar Creature or Magical Creature). You will need to bargain with what you summon to perform a task, and typically these types of creatures like magically attuned objects such as Reagents, Catalysts, and other items that have a magical resonance; sometimes they want mundane objects such as coin. Additionally, based on the task and/or payment, there may be additional restrictions imposed such as forcing the Ritual Caster to occupy the summoned creature's place on their native plane.

Unless you are dealing with a noble being, be mindful of trickery. You want to be explicit in your bargain/task. A request to engage in a hunt could, depending on the power of the creature, be disastrous or wonderful based on how the hunt is defined. For instance, if not worded properly it may hunt you instead of the other way around.

At least with a summoned creature there is no death; a dead summoned creature just goes back to it's home plane (no body to feast on), albeit painfully and potentially weaker, but generally intact.

Regards,
Alavatar

Bah! The Bleeding Eye are initiating some members... all we want is the ability to summon the spirit of a great beast. We did it up in the Ceriopolis place with the help of the Silvermaw tribe. Now we want to do it in this lost shard.

But Bones also doesnt have the coin for what people are asking for. So Bones will instead be hunting for beasts and capturing them fir the Bleeding Eye to hunt.

Bones, you could always operate the Hunt as "catch and release" - I'm sure there are some willing younger "prey" at the gathering that would willingly take part for coin.

Ha! I am pretty sure the heart we would need from their still breathing bodies wouldnt appeal to most people...

First of all, the heart requirement was never mentioned in any of your postings on this thread. That tidbit may be something you want to include when asking for assistance.

Secondly, you may be surprised what desperate people will do for coin...

Back