Just wondering what's up

Arkade

Scholar
Been thinking a lot about the national event, owners meeting and the current state of 2.0. I apologize if this is posted elsewhere on the forums, I've looked around and assumed it would be here if anywhere.

Just wondering what the current state of 2.0 looks like. Th long silence concerns me a bit as I own a Digital Marketing Agency and considered doing some marketing for Alliance but don't want to attempt at an influx of new players if the rules are going to change just as they are getting used to the current system.

Also, people talk and make wild assumptions as to whats going on. I don't want any level of speculation when I know someone out there has to know the current conversation and state of 2.0. As a twelve year member of Alliance that wants to help grow the foundations and structure of our game, I feel like I'm very much in the dark.

Maybe a monthly update, just one person writing a few paragraphs every 30 days or so to keep us informed.

Not to be concerned. A new Playtest packet is on its way and chapters have been given the go ahead to do full weekend playtests and players will gain XP for them to boot! So, check with your local Playtest Coordinator or Chapter owner and ask what is happening in your area.

The Symposium went very well, lots accomplished and ARC is just finalizing the things the owners brought up to be included. Should have something very shortly.

As it stands, the 2.0 ruleset will be out likely in 2019 as soon as we get this final round of playtesting done. Of course, that could change with responses to the playtests, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Hope that helps!

Hey Mike,

Things are progressing. It's really a calm before the storm moment. There's a large batch of owner's votes that finish tonight. ARC has been working on putting a new play test package together and that's nearing completion as well. Symposium went really really well, and we've been rolling off of positive vibes from that.

With that, we've begun to test the beta of a new character management application, that should take Alliance from 1999 to 2018.

Nearly every chapter has committed weekends to playtest the new packet, once it's ready. That'll probably run from August to November.

Everyone has had their heads down working to make stuff happen.

I'd encourage you to take a look here https://alliancelarp.com/forum/thre...mittes-forming-signup-here.37770/#post-296514 and help out if you're interested in doing something at the national level. If not, we'd be happy to work through ideas at Somi.

I don't have a great answer about exactly when the rules switch will happen. It'll depend on this round of playtest. The hope is this will be the final round.

I'd still encourage you to help bring people to the game. I believe the 2.0 rules to be much simpler then the 1.3 on the field. So while it might be a bit awkward that new players coming in now will have to learn a new rules system. The bones of the game are still pretty similar.

You're coming to our one day yeah? Why don't we talk more then.

Last edited:
Hey Mike,

Things are progressing. It's really a calm before the storm moment. There's a large batch of owner's votes that finish tonight. ARC has been working on putting a new play test package together and that's nearing completion as well. Symposium went really really well, and we've been rolling off of positive vibes from that.

With that, we've begun to test the beta of a new character management application, that should take Alliance from 1999 to 2018.

Nearly ever chapter has committed weekends to playtest the new packet, once it's ready. That'll probably run from August to November.

Everyone has had their heads down working to make stuff happen.

I'd encourage you to take a look here https://alliancelarp.com/forum/thre...mittes-forming-signup-here.37770/#post-296514 and help out if you're interested in doing something at the national level. If not, we'd be happy to work through ideas at Somi.

I don't have a great answer about exactly when the rules switch will happen. It'll depend on this round of playtest. The hope is this will be the final round.

I'd still encourage you to help bring people to the game. I believe the 2.0 rules to be much simpler then the 1.3 on the field. So while it might be a bit awkward that new players coming in now will have to learn a new rules system. The bones of the game are still pretty similar.

You're coming to our one day yeah? Why don't we talk more then.

Are the chapters going to announce this in advance? I know my home chapter has precisely two remaining events for the year, and it seems like a thing that should be mentioned well in advance for all the players who aren't in the NDA and haven't read the playtests.

I would assume so. Some chapters already have, I think Oregon announced their date. I know South Michigan is waiting for the packet to go live, then we'll post the stuff about our playtest weekend.
But, Minnesota wasn't at symposium and probably hasn't been involved in much of the 2.0 stuff. So while I can't speak directly for them, it seems unlikely that will happen. You should reach out to Chris and see directly.

By the way, the NDA I believe are gone now. The next playtest packet (and the one before this) has been open and public. Expect it soon! :)

By the way, the NDA I believe are gone now. The next playtest packet (and the one before this) has been open and public. Expect it soon! :)
I can confirm that the NDAs are no longer required.

I can also confirm that at least Oregon has announced our playtest date, which is September 21st through the 23rd. I believe we are the first chapter doing a playtest weekend since Calgary did theirs a year or so ago.

Aaaaaand there it is. It's up. :)

Back