Playtest Character Builder (for ARB 2 v11)

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Thank you for doing this! Just playing around, I'm liking my 200 build adept.

-Spells from 1 to formal (bare minimum)
-One 1st level earth spell
-1x Read Magic, Educated, Herbal Lore, Healing Arts, first aid, teacher, merchant
-One Handed Edge
-3x backstabs (it's how many I have now...my damage doesn't go down!) and alchemy
-2x Evade, dodge, enchanted strike
-1x Sleep Blow, Berserk Blow, United Blow (love this skill so much), Assassinate, Improved Assassinate, Create Trap

The only thing that I'm missing is some craftsman (which I will gain the build between now and release) and riposting strike (another damn cool skill). Would love to get some more 'blows' in there, because those skills are fun.

Compared to now? Same damage, more magic, more utility, more defenses, and less skills I don't actually use.

One thing to keep in mind while using it, you need to do the work to shave points/verify prerequisites/etc yourself. It's great though!

It's also very pretty. :3

I like it. damn thing keeps crashing on my machine though heh

Last edited:
Thank you for doing this! Just playing around, I'm liking my 200 build adept.

-Spells from 1 to formal (bare minimum)
-One 1st level earth spell
-1x Read Magic, Educated, Herbal Lore, Healing Arts, first aid, teacher, merchant
-One Handed Edge
-3x backstabs (it's how many I have now...my damage doesn't go down!) and alchemy
-2x Evade, dodge, enchanted strike
-1x Sleep Blow, Berserk Blow, United Blow (love this skill so much), Assassinate, Improved Assassinate, Create Trap

The only thing that I'm missing is some craftsman (which I will gain the build between now and release) and riposting strike (another damn cool skill). Would love to get some more 'blows' in there, because those skills are fun.

Compared to now? Same damage, more magic, more utility, more defenses, and less skills I don't actually use.

Oh poo! I messed this up. I assumed (for some silly reason), that buying a backstab would automatically calculate the build for the back attacks. So I'd have to ditch a few of the new toys...but still! Overall more useful character.

Thank Ian Moriarty, our head of plot from Denver. He whipped this up on super short notice. If any chapters want to throw him some GS if you feel like it's useful, please do so. I know Denver is giving him some for doing it.

Super awesome!

Mine has a error with Hardy? High Ogre, High Orc and Stone Elf all error out but the rest are all good.

High Ogres and High Orcs also don't get half cost on weapon skills...

Sylvanborn don't seem to have reduced cost craftsman in the spreadsheet.

Fixed: Mine has a error with Hardy? High Ogre, High Orc and Stone Elf all error out but the rest are all good.

Added to TODO: High Ogres and High Orcs also don't get half cost on weapon skills...

I also note an error with Hardy's calculation. It is essentially saying Hardy cannot factor into your total build for the total amount that you buy? IE, If I get 215 build, I am 21st level. I can buy Hardy 21 times. It say's false (even with other build spent) :( I just want to be a tank.... :)

Oathsworn do not show as a valid race for Resit Necromancy. Weapon Proficiencies do not auto-scale costs (you have to buy enough Crit Attacks to "make it true")

High Orcs/High Ogres - take existing function =Nxx*HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE) and change to =IF (OR(O1="High Orc", O1="High Ogre"),Ceiling(Nxx*HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE)/2),Nxx*HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE)) It's a clunky fix, but it works.

I'll work on the Weapon prof issue in my spare time today.

Had a breakthrough moment almost immediately after this. Auto-calculation for Weapon Prof:

=IF(ISEVEN(N69),(N69/2)*(1+N69),INT(N69/2)*(N69)+N69) * HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE)+N69*(HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE) *2)

Had a breakthrough moment almost immediately after this. Auto-calculation for Weapon Prof:

=IF(ISEVEN(N69),(N69/2)*(1+N69),INT(N69/2)*(N69)+N69) * HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE)+N69*(HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE) *2)
Not sure why, but this breaks down when trying to change classes from Fighter to others for comparison. I think it's because you're not taking into account the changes for the cost of Critical Attack from class to class.

Found my errors. I was on the right track but didn't have it written out correctly.

=(N69*(HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-1, FALSE)) + ((0.5*N69*(N69+1)) * (HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-2, FALSE)) + (N69 * (HLOOKUP(Class,SkillChart,ROW()-2, FALSE)))))

I think there is likely a more elegant solution, but it appears to work for all the classes I just tested it on.

Thank you for the tool. As i side note for Stone Elf the -1 to create scroll and half cost to archery did not calculate

Wrong spot. Ignore this.

Last edited:
Back