[.11] Storm Spells, Storm Augmentation and Warrior's Incantation

jwconvery

Spellsword
Does Warrior's Incantation allow you to spell strike every 'packet' of a storm for only one charge of Warrior's Incantation?

Further more, what is the call? I feel like the activation call and the packet calls are different. Activate with "SpellStrike Magic Storm" with no swing? Then "Spell Strike 10 Spell <Element>" for each swing?

Can you use a High Magic augmented Storm Spell through Warrior Incantation?

Does the need to swing the weapon for the spell strike somehow interfere with the Concentration rules of Storm spells?

-Joe

Last edited:
You cant use it with storms in 2.0.

Namely, because they’re the only spells that don’t have a packet delivery.

“What? Evan, all the storms have packet deliveries...they’re in the description! That’s the point!”

Except they don’t. The packets are actually the effect. The spell has no delivery, but “grants” you X packets to throw, after the spell has been completed.

Since you can’t cast an earth storm ON another target, you wouldn’t be able to deliver it via other means, either. It’s a self-cast only spell, so you can’t Channel it.

Thanks for the clarification

Since you can’t cast an earth storm ON another target, you wouldn’t be able to deliver it via other means, either. It’s a self-cast only spell, so you can’t Channel it.

So that also means you can't put storms into spell stores at all either then right?

So that also means you can't put storms into spell stores at all either then right?

Yep!

Actually, that was brought up with the release of the first packet, like twelve years ago. :)

I am very much late to this party.

Thanks

It was briefly discussed at a packet discussion meeting (during which our chapter owner Mythic was present, and he confirmed this) that a Storm spell CAN be put into a Spell Store, but only one currently on your person; you could, if this is correct, take a Spell Store item from someone, incant the Storm, say "Absorbed" as usual, and hand it back, allowing that person to then activate it themselves and chuck the packets as usual.

If this is wrong, I'll relay that at our next packet discussion meeting.

Back