[.11] Presence of Natural Armor

Draven

Count
So, natural Armor is not super common (at least in the Oregon and Seattle chapters). It happens, but really rarely.

Is it expected that Natural Armor will be more common in 2.0?

body absolutely carved through our "high level" mod. The undead we were fighting would die in one big body shot, or take a couple dozen hits without. I certainly saw shatters/healing/body being much more valuable in the 2.0 rules than it was in 1.3, even if they render it, you can still shatter that stupidly large suit of armor.

It makes me sad my Powerful Earth Aura sword is going to have to become Celestial to be better against undead :/

It makes me sad my Powerful Earth Aura sword is going to have to become Celestial to be better against undead :/

My playtest this weekend further cemented my opinions that monster slayer is bad for the game.

I assure you undead fights will be really really not fun for you with a monster slayer.

:) I get what you are saying, but murdering undead is really fun for people.

And with Undead being called out as specifically moving to a body + armor model, it's seems like an easy choice.

:) I get what you are saying, but murdering undead is really fun for people.

And with Undead being called out as specifically moving to a body + armor model, it's seems like an easy choice.

Totally and with out monster slayer, there's a play style for that. Become a spellsword/adept and pick up 10 points of formal and always swing healing.

Monster slayer invalidates that build. It's going to drive up the body on undead by necessity of undead being rather common, and ultimately be self defeating.

The undead fights were a ton of fun, and it'll break that balance.

Like with Protection Aura, few things could swing under 4. The item was self defeating by requiring plot teams to put out larger numbers on all monsters of face npcs not caring about getting into cards because they weren't playing the game, they were walking to and from a tree line.

2.0 build shouldn't have an easy choice, it's always a give and a take for stuff.

40 build and then giving up 10 cloaks is a big choice, being only available to 2 specific builds.

2.0 build shouldn't have an easy choice, it's always a give and a take for stuff.

I can understand that reasoning. I don't particularly like it, but I agree it is a core principle in 2.0.

Uggggh. 40 build to swing Healing all day.

Gosh. That does sound amazing, but man, yeah, that’s expensive.

40 build and then giving up 10 cloaks is a big choice, being only available to 2 specific builds.

Swinging body is pretty available to fighters. Baylan this weekend was popping vampires with ranged weapons. (I imagined this as just shooting stakes right into their heart)

Spellswords have Magisterium blow, Fighters can get access to it pretty easily. Combined with the lowest level slays this will kill most undead.

Adepts have united blow most second level spells will be enough there to kill undead.

Spellswords have combined strike, most 4th level spells will kill undead.

Any amount of Earth channeling will eat up undead.

So there's a lot of options devastate undead. If you like killing undead a lot, you should build into it.

Uggggh. 40 build to swing Healing all day.

Gosh. That does sound amazing, but man, yeah, that’s expensive.

It's really really good though. But, that's why I love the new rules set. It's a real hard choice.
The thing to consider is that if you're not expecting undead, you can take cloaks/rebirths. So it's cool there's some versatility.

Back