First Contact

Valentino

Everyone,

I signed owner papers this past weekend which need to be processed with headquarters, which will transfer things over to my control. We’re working on some of the transfer details but I wanted to reach out now and give everyone a status update.

That said, there will be game for the 2019 season. The schedule is tentatively listed below. It is my hope that we can get six games this year, but right now four are booked.

May 10th - May 12th - Gamehaven Scout Reservation

June 14th - June 16th - Gamehaven Scout Reservation

September 13th - September 15th - Gamehaven Scout Reservation

October 18th - October 20th - Miller Castle

Going forward we will be saying goodbye to the Sheltered Lands. Gaden has been a great place to adventure, but the plot team will be taking our adventure somewhere new. We have a new world and plot all ready to go in new lands as I did not think running the Sheltered Lands would be an option for us until recently. However, I believe you are going to enjoy the new lands, Evodia, and I am excited to share it with you. You may play an existing character from any chapter or make a new character from this world. We may someday return to the Sheltered Lands, but for now and the foreseeable future, Evodia will be our home.

I know you may have questions as this transition takes place. The best place right now to reach me is through the forums.

I will make additional formal announcements as things are set in stone.

Lots of love,

Jordan

P.S.

If you were a Noble, Cupbearer, Knight, or Squire, in the SoMN chapter please contact me. To the Nobles and Knights, we want to respect the time and dedication you have shown to achieve such a title, and we will need your help working it into our new story. Cupbearers and Squires, if you still want to pursue your path, we will make sure it is available to you.

Thanks for the update.

Appreciate the update. Is the plan for this season to run under 1.3, or are you converting to the 2.0 rules?

Awesome! I'm living in the area (north minneapolis) for about 6 months, so I was hoping to see some movement on schedule! I'll likely be out to at least one of the early events (probably to NPC).

Appreciate the update. Is the plan for this season to run under 1.3, or are you converting to the 2.0 rules?

Also, hoping its 2.0- I got the opportunity to play under the new rules in Michigan, and I think it really is a far better game.

personally i would prefer to use my current character, though i would like to know if any current magic items could still be used?

David Raatz

Yeah, all magic items, and ritual scrolls need to be converted. Some production items items need to be converted as well though not all. And all characters will need to be converted as well. I'm fairly well versed in the new rules and I'm willing to give folks a hand with converting their character.

personally i would prefer to use my current character, though i would like to know if any current magic items could still be used?

David Raatz

Ignatius will carry over to the new edition of the game just fine. In fact crafting is a lot more interesting in the new edition sure you will like that quite a bit.

I pm-ed you.

Of course SoMN had to wait until now to book a campsite ten minutes from my old apartment :/

I hear-by use my total lack of any authority to put you in charge of finding the best afters locations!

No GameHaven is down in rochester. I'm guessing it may have been to late to get Stearns?

Too late, too expensive, or the Stearns crew might have had reason to book elsewhere. There are many reasons it could be. I for one am quietly glad it's a full hour closer of a drive. :p

Gamehaven Scout Reservation
5015 Simpson Rd SE, Rochester, MN 55904

It's south of the cities rather than north (and I imagine southbound 52 traffic is better on Friday evenings than the northbound 94 traffic), and while I haven't been able to find much information on amenities, the pictures of the site I could dig up look pretty great. I'm looking forward to trying a new site. Plus, its more southern location might entice some more Chicago travelers up to join us, which would be fun.

found it on the map and the drive isn't that bad. does anyone what the setup over there is like, will we need to bring tents or anything like that?

David Raatz

David you will love the new rules set for being a blacksmith + fighter. As the craft skill now COUNTS towards your fighter abilities. It is super awesome, and I am sure you will love it!

Back