Accessing your Character on the CMA

Alkalin3

Knight
Hello folks.

Yesterday I ran the import script and pulled all your characters into the CMA.
You shouldn't need to register a new account, simply go to https://alliancedb.herokuapp.com/users/password/new and type in your password.

You can set a password and then you'll be good to go.

If your email isn't found, or you don't get a reset password link reach out to ashburylog@gmail.com and we'll get your email updated and your login all set.

There's a bunch of things you can do on the site. Such as purchase Goblin Blankets (Starting next month). Please keep in mind that until the official switch over to 2.0, this database is just for playtesting and your purchases will get wiped up, so consider any expenditures not valid until you've emailed logistics as always.

(Some chapters count deaths different ways, Matt Watkins and I are working out the details, if your death count is off, don't fret, we will resolve it shortly.)

If you have any questions, this is probably a good place to ask them.

Who do I contact about a skill not showing up as an option? I was attempting to rebuild my main character, a spellsword. The option for Enhanced Meditate comes up but not Meditate, the base skill.

Who do I contact about a skill not showing up as an option? I was attempting to rebuild my main character, a spellsword. The option for Enhanced Meditate comes up but not Meditate, the base skill.
meditate is just something characters can do and doesn't need to be purchased

Ok. I missed that. Thanks.

You can purchase improved meditate however

I have no characters listed here when I log in. Every tab is blank, what is the purpose of this site?

Edit: The skills and spells tab have descriptions of new stuff, but the characters and the HQ tab are blank.

Hi Ken. As you've probably read in my earlier post, your email is likely not in the HQ's database when I imported stuff.

Did you register a brand new account, putting in a email address/password/password confirmation?

Please get a hold of Danielle and she can help you get setup, with your characters.

Every tab is blank, what is the purpose of this site?

The Character Management Application (CMA for short) is the application which your Alliance LARP Characters will be tracked in starting with the 2.0 Rules.

It will replace the local Chapter databases and allow Players hands on control when it comes to managing their Characters. It also makes event Logistics run much smoother for the Chapters.

Once a Player's account connects the Player to their Characters (from any number of Chapters), Players have the ability to:
  • Create new Characters
  • Spend loose XP without waiting for Logistics to email you back
  • Track Goblin Stamps (in every Chapter)
  • Apply monthly Goblin Stamp Blankets
  • Preregister for Events they're attending.
On the Logistics side it makes managing Characters across the game substantially easier.
  • From a Player interaction standpoint, if a Player uses Goblin Stamps to buy credit for another Chapter's Events, that Chapter can apply the XP to the Player's Character without needed to communicate with local Logistics team (great for when you're trying to get a couple of extra XP right before an Event).
  • From the Chapter Logistic's team's perspective the Preregistration feature allows Logistics to bulk print and prepare Character Cards and customized Battle Boards for each Player attending an Event with the click of a button.
  • At the end of an Event, Logistics applies the XP to the Players in attendance and who've bought the Event with Goblin Stamps immediately (again without waiting for out of Chapter Character's local Logistics teams).
As time goes on the CMA will become the tool for interaction between Chapters, Players, and their Characters. The Owners' goal is to make Player interaction with their Characters as "self service" as possible.

In SoMI we've been fortunate to be making use of the CMA as it has developed and while you may see some speed bumps at the get go, the benefits more than make up for the initial effort.

The Character Management Application (CMA for short) is the application which your Alliance LARP Characters will be tracked in starting with the 2.0 Rules.

Once a Player's account connects the Player to their Characters (from any number of Chapters),

How do I do that? Right now, none of my characters are there.

How do I do that? Right now, none of my characters are there.

It is likely that your email address was not in your Chapter's 1.3 database (or that the database has a different email address). You should reach out to your Logistics Team and they should be able to sort out the issue and get you moving.

Back