Poisoned food

Draven

Count
The rules for poisoning food is not in the beta rulebook:

How long does the Poison last if food is poisoned? Is it just like a weapon? Or is it 10 minutes?

Barring an official answer from ARC, last I knew the rule was that food and drink stays poisoned indefinitely until some of it is eaten, drank, or removed; in the last case, only the first portion of the removed food or drink (such as the first slice of cake or the first glass of water) carries the Poison. The tag must be attached to the container of the food and transferred with the first removed portion; presumably, if you poison food and the tag falls off naturally and is lost, that would also result in the food or drink no longer being poisoned.

That was from the 0.11 packet, though; I was unable to find a more recent ruling on the matter. :(

Not sure if this is valid or not but i recall people using poison giving the tag to a marshal then walking over and using a dropper to drip (water) poison into a drink then walk away. This prevented the looking under a glass to see the tag then not drinking when your char. would have. In same manor if someone applied a tag and it fell off If I was a marshal watching that I would still count it as being poisoned until first bite or drink taken.

The point of attaching the tag to the food or drink container is so that people with Herbal Lore can tell (if they care to look) that there's Poison in the food; giving the tag to the Marshal defeats that purpose and feels like a violation of the spirit of the rules, not to mention strikes me as purposefully attempting to circumvent a stated use and benefit of a skill.

It also forces the Marshal to stand around and wait for someone to eat or drink it, which also strikes me as wasting the Marshal's time. It just reeks of overall rudeness to other people; not sure who did it that way or who allowed it, but they should probably be told not to do it again.

Also, Scenting allows you to detect the presence of alchemy.

Scenting used to allow that but on page 22 of the rulebook it states "Wylderkin have very strong scent abilities, which might interact with the game world in interesting ways at the discretion of a chapter’s Plot staff" under the wylderkin heading. As far as I can tell, it's not mentioned anywhere else in the rulebook or handbook, other than the list of races on page 9 of the rulebook.

Scenting used to allow that but on page 22 of the rulebook it states "Wylderkin have very strong scent abilities, which might interact with the game world in interesting ways at the discretion of a chapter’s Plot staff" under the wylderkin heading. As far as I can tell, it's not mentioned anywhere else in the rulebook or handbook, other than the list of races on page 9 of the rulebook.

@Polare, any chance this was removed in error when poisoned food was removed during an early packet?

Back