Crafting question

Mike

So how does using crafting materials to make adventuring gear work? Does one crafting material equal one CP worth of stuff up to your max craft adventuring gear pool CP expenditure, or does one material refresh your entire craft adventuring gear pool?

How common are the crafting materials expected to be? Are they included in the treasure pool, and what would be the coin value of components?

You've got it right on the first interpretation, a crafting material will equal 1 CP each, up to your max allocation in crafting equipment for that day. Crafting materials are a component of TP and the intent is for them to be dropped on a reliable basis. The specifics of how much and how often materials are dropped will of course be variable depending on your chapter.

Is this scenario possible

30 max CP from inscription

18 CP spent on Craft Adventuring Equipment

6X 15 point Flame bolts (18 CP)
1x 45 point Flame bolt (workshop 9CP)

And then I have 20x 1 Ink available from 10 professions (scribe)
Can I then use 20 of those to make

3x spell shield (5CP each for 15CP)
2X weapon shield (2CP each for 4CP)
1x Disarm (1 CP each for 1CP)

20 total CP refilled in one or more grouping but none over 18 CP use in CAE or is it only a one-time refill per logistics?

Is this scenario possible

30 max CP from inscription

18 CP spent on Craft Adventuring Equipment

6X 15 point Flame bolts (18 CP)
1x 45 point Flame bolt (workshop 9CP)

And then I have 20x 1 Ink available from 10 professions (scribe)
Can I then use 20 of those to make

3x spell shield (5CP each for 15CP)
2X weapon shield (2CP each for 4CP)
1x Disarm (1 CP each for 1CP)

20 total CP refilled in one or more grouping but none over 18 CP use in CAE or is it only a one-time refill per logistics?
This reads like the core of this question is, “Can I spend more CP in Crafting Materials than I have spent on Craft Adventuring Equipment as long as I don’t exceed it on any one item?”

If that is the question, then the answer is yes.

Once you’ve used your initial “free” production, you can make whatever piece of Inscription Adventuring Equipment you want with CM, as long as no individual item exceeds the total spent on CAE.

Back