11th Hour Newbie

Mlemley

Hello everyone, my name is Mitchel.

Much to my misfortunate, I only just discovered your larping group. As an event is apparently taking place tomorrow (!) I was wondering if it was too late at this point for me to come along and participate. I have never officially larped before, but I have done a bit of boffing. If it is possible, what would I need to do? I've been scouring the alliance info and for the most part is seems general, but what specifically is required? Do I need to bring camping gear? I filled out the pre-reg form (little late ;) ) and sent an email to the plot team as mentioned after setting myself up as an npc. I feel a bit silly for trying this so late, but I've been looking for a larp group since I moved to Portland six months ago and I'm eager to give this a shot!

Let me know :)

Bring lots of socks, a sleeping pad, a sleeping bag, a pillow, black pants, black shirt, and food and or find out if you can still get in on the $15 mealplan.

And show up.

Also deodorant be nice to other people's noses.

Okay, so it starts at 8 am tomorrow correct? I don't believe I can make it there by eight due to distance, will that be alright? I can probably get there around 9ish depending on traffic conditions.

The site is not open until 3pm. we plan to start openings around 9-9:30pm. we also have no room on the meal plan so please bring food if you do not want to have to run into town for meals.

One thing that is important to know explicitly is that this site does not have mattresses. You will really want the sleeping pad mentioned by Jeremy.

Oh okay, so then its definitely more Saturday than Friday when things start? Doesn't hurt to get there though Friday I imagine. If that is the case, I can definitely be there before 10. Now, by start openings, do you mean available for people to arrive or something else? I can't show at say, six and just fiddle about right? Okay, bring food, gotcha. Will I be able to store these items in my car or is there a specific place for storage?

You can show up before 9. Opening is where we introduce staff and any important information. You sure can show up at 6 and get your gear to your bunk. It is a good idea to show up early to meet people and get a look at the site. There is a spot for food but it does fill up fast. Your car is acceptable if you would like to store it there.

Okay, that is good to know! I think I'll aim for six then, it'll give me more time to gather things ha! I signed up for the npc bunk, woodsman 1 I believe. Right then, sleeping bag, sleeping pad (its a little short but it will have to do!), some food, water bottle (its plastic, will that be an issue?), multiple black shirts and black pants, and nine pairs of socks. Think that should cover it :)

Mlemley,

My name is Rick and I am the New Player Representative for Alliance Oregon. If you'd like, we can talk personally and I can answer any questions you have.

Hangouts: eric.raddue@gmail.com
Facebook: Rick Raddue
New Player Email: newplayer@allianceoregon.com

Well, I did give you three different ways to contact me. I suggest one of those. :D

Back