2012 National Event: Event Menu and food guidelines

Aven

Artisan
Greetings National Players:

For those attending the upcoming National event, please find listed below the food menu. There will be options for all major "foodie" groups (meat lovers, vegetarians, vegans, dairy-free, gluten-free). So with no further adieu... drum roll please...

Saturday Breakfast: Cereals, Hard-boiled eggs, seasonal fruit, scrambled eggs, and breakfast meat*

Saturday Dinner: Tacos (meat, beans, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cheese, sour cream, avocado, salsa, soft flour tortillas, hard corn [gluten-free] shells), rice/bean side dish (vegan-friendly), and corn-on-cob

Sunday Breakfast: Cereals, Hard-boiled eggs, seasonal fruit, baked french toast, and breakfast meat*

Sunday Dinner: Meatballs, Baked Zitti (with cheese), Baked Zitti (without cheese), Baked Zitti (gluten-free), Steamed Veggies (broccoli, zuchini squash, carrots), and garlic bread

Monday Breakfast: Cereals, Hard-boiled eggs, seasonal fruit, left-overs

Hot tamale that is a lot of food!
Yes, that is right! And all this food will not be possible without donations. For example, breakfast meats will only be served if we receive donations to afford them.

How can you make sure there is bacon? More meatballs for dinner? Oodles of fresh veggies and fruit? You can guarantee all of this by donating just $5 to $10 dollars. To donate, click the link. http://www.alliancelarp.com/pay.php Indicate in the notes that it's for food at National or else it will not be counted towards our food budget.

I don't have much money but I make a mean banana bread
If you are interested in donating baked goods for any of the meals or if you have a garden or live near a farmer's market and would like to donate fresh veggies or fruit, please let me know. These type of donations are equally accepted and appreciated. Notice of any and all planned food donations must be send to me in advance so I make sure we do not purchase that item. You can e-mail me at jessicacbrown @ gmail.com. Please make sure to keep your receipt of any items you buy if you would like to receive Dragon Stamps in compensation.

Can I bring my own food?
Great question! I understand that sometimes you want or need to eat items not listed in the menu. By all means feel free to bring your own food and beverages. When you do, also bring your own cooler as we do NOT have space in the one refrigerator for any food outside of what will be served in the menu above.

Can I sell food?
As someone who used to bake pies and sell them IG, I am a firm supporter of players making/selling food IG. Please let me know what you plan on bringing so that I can make sure there aren't any special instructions I need to provide you from the chapter host (ie, rules regarding grilling food, etc.). You can e-mail me at jessicacbrown @ gmail.com.

Again, we will not have room in the refrigerator to offer you space to keep your food cold. Please make sure you have your own methods of keeping your food safe.

Use of the kitchen during off hours (ie, lunch or late night) will require special permission and will only be an option if we have received enough volunteers to cover all food shifts. Please send me a message if that is something you would be interested in. You can e-mail me at jessicacbrown @ gmail.com.

I look forward to seeing you all in two weeks and having a great time at National!

Jessica

Back