2012 National Event: Food Committee - Volunteers Needed

Aven

Artisan
Have you ever wondered how you could easily earn dragon stamps so you can finally make that really cool item you have been longing for? Well at the Nationals you have the perfect opportunity to earn DS by signing up for a food committee shift!

What is a food committee shift?
It is a period of ~4 hours where you gather with fellow fun players who want to provide a great meal for the masses. All shifts will include various elements of the following: cleaning, setting-up and/or breaking-down, food or beverage prep, cooking, and serving.

If you have a particular strength/interest (eg, my husband likes to scrub the pots) then we will work to see that you can complete that role.

You can complete your shift either IG as your character or OOG (if staying in the kitchen) or as an NPC role (if serving).

Okay, I am interested but show me the Dragon Stamps
For each hour you volunteer, you will earn 3 DS. For a 4 hour shift that is 12 DS. If you sign up for 2 shifts over the course of the weekend, you will earn 24 DS.

Please note, to earn the DS, you will need to complete the full shift following the direction of your shift "captain"

How do I sign up?
Signing up is easy! Just reply to this thread and I will add your name to the list of volunteers. When you sign-up, please indicate if you have a preference as to what shift to volunteer for OR if you are open to shifts that need volunteers. Also, if you have a particular skill set or interest (ie, cooking, cleaning, serving) that you would like to request, please also indicate that in your post.

Food Committee Shifts

Friday, August 31, 2012
- Kitchen/tavern set-up (afternoon/early evening)
1) Captain: Josh Berit
2) Brian Bender
3) Ken Swartz
- Food Prep (afternoon/early evening)
1) Captain: Jessica Bender
2) Illana Ogan Navas
3) Kevin
4) Ken Swartz

Saturday, September 1, 2012
- Breakfast (7-11 am)
1) Captain: Timothy Cray
2) Joe S
3) Frank Coyne
4) George
5) Rebecca
6) Patrick R
- Afternoon Food Prep (1-4 pm)
1) Captain: Kate Drake
2) Jill Segraves
3) Josh Berit
- Dinner (4-8 pm)
2) Brian Bender
3) Donna Hellmuth
4) Frank Coyne
5) Kevin
6) Sam Owens

Sunday, September 2, 2012
- Breakfast (7-11 am)
2) Joe S
3) Frank Coyne
4) George
5) Rebecca
6) Will Kinkaid
- Afternoon Food Prep (1-4 pm)
2) Josh Berit
3) Tom Wilson
- Dinner (4-8 pm)
2) Brian Bender
3) Donna Hellmuth
4) Frank Coyne
5) Kevin
6) Sam Owens

Monday, September 3, 2012
- Breakfast (7-11 am)
2) Joe S
3) Frank Coyne
4) Will Kinkaid
5) Josh Berit
6) Meghan
- Kitchen break-down (11-2 pm)
2) Dan Aldi
3) Tom Wilson
- Tavern break-down (after game ends)
1) Captain: Josh Berit
2) Brian Bender
3)

We are requesting 3-5 volunteers per shift. Sign-up now while space is available!

Thank you in advance for volunteering for the food committee and contributing to making the National Event the very best game possible!

Jessica

Sign me up for Saturday & Sunday dinner.

TardiS,

Thanks for volunteering. What name should I put down? I don't believe we have been introduced.

Jessica

Please also sign me up for a monday breakfast shift if you don't mind.
Dorian is Sam Owens
-Joshua Berit

Thanks Josh I didn't see Jess's reply.

Jessica,

I'll be there early Friday to help out wherever I'm needed. Put me down for Friday afternoon kitchen setup and food prep. I enjoy cooking, so let me know if you'd like me to bring any food to help out too.

OOG: Ken Swartz
IG: Folonius

Jess,

I'll be there and would be happy to help work in the Kitchen. Just let me know what shifts you need covered.

Stephen

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered!

It looks like we still need a volunteer for Saturday breakfast, Sunday dinner prep, Monday breakfast, and clean-up/break-down on Monday. If we can get a few more people to help on Monday we could get done a lot faster and everyone can leave to get on the road.

Jessica

Jess,

I'm more than happy to help out whenever you need me. Just let me know when.

Tom W.

Hi Tom,

How about Sunday afternoon food prep? And Monday clean-up? We shouldn't need a full 4 hours on Monday to clean up if we get a few more bodies.

Jessica

Since I just saw all of this (yes, I live under a rock)...

I am willing to help with dishes anytime. I can't do the heavy lifting of the water/juice jugs and whatnot, so I'll gladly switch out for someone who is NPCing to help with prep and dishes if they would rather do something else.

Let me know!

Works for me. See you then. Well, then and probably sooner.

Thank you all kitchen staff and helpers. It was super easy (Gluten Intolerant) for me to eat food at this event!

Much love!

Please, for the love of God.... someone post the recipe for that Creme Brulee French Toast. It was delicious! I'd never have woken up early if it wasn't for that. :wub2:

Back