2012 Schedule - Confirmed

Dates confirmed (except November, should know more in June):

Alright. Deb and Brian have confirmed the dates. They'll be getting back to us with a clean up date as well. We're going to need a number of folks to help with a weapon making production line on the clean up day.

April 20, 21, 22 
Event: Opener

May 5th
Battle Day

June 1, 2, 3 
Event

July 6,7,8 
Event

August 4
Feast/Mod day

September 14, 15,16 
Event

October 5, 6, 7
Event

November (To be announced)

Gary

Re: 2012 Schedule (Tentative)

If these are the official days, know that you have set 2012 up to be the greatest year ever for me. Because this is totally in sync with every other event of any sort for me this year, and this makes me the happiest Zack in the world.

By way of an update, the opening event listed above as May 4-6 will likely be moved to April 20-22.

At some point in May, we will likely do a Battle Day. The concept is a one day event with no PCs; everyone will be an NPC and there will be a few battles, pitting various forces against each other. At least some of these battles could be plot line canon, so be prepared to bring your A-game: you could help determine the fate of a kingdom.

Also, we are looking into having a Festival/Module day in August. While the basic concept is similar to the Winter Feasts of years past, the lack of snow will allow us to have it on site. This, in turn, will allow the plot staff to run mods for people over the course of the day. The Festival on the field will (probably) be non-combat, so you can show up and have a good time RPing without worrying too much about getting jumped. The mods, though... let's just say that if you don't fight well on a full belly, you should probably skip the mods.

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
At some point in May, we will likely do a Battle Day. The concept is a one day event with no PCs; everyone will be an NPC and there will be a few battles, pitting various forces against each other. At least some of these battles could be plot line canon, so be prepared to bring your A-game: you could help determine the fate of a kingdom.
This is an awesome idea. I can't wait.

Awesome!

If this is indeed the schedule, we have a couple of dates that we're looking at flying back for.

Somehow, none of these overlap with SF, where like 3 events coincided last season. Sweeeeet.

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
By way of an update, the opening event listed above as May 4-6 will likely be moved to April 20-22.

Also, we are looking into having a Festival/Module day in August. While the basic concept is similar to the Winter Feasts of years past, the lack of snow will allow us to have it on site. This, in turn, will allow the plot staff to run mods for people over the course of the day. The Festival on the field will (probably) be non-combat, so you can show up and have a good time RPing without worrying too much about getting jumped. The mods, though... let's just say that if you don't fight well on a full belly, you should probably skip the mods.

I love all of this!

...Except for the proposed date change. :( I don't love that, but if it must be so...

Can't make the April date, sadly. But a battle day in May, I can.

The April date conflicts with the HQ opener. If it is possible to prevent that it would be wonderful. I'm partial to the May 4-6 date because it coincides with my birthday, but I'm most interested in preventing the HQ conflict if that can be done.

See you all in the Spring.

-Craig

Pantzike said:
The April date conflicts with the HQ opener. If it is possible to prevent that it would be wonderful. I'm partial to the May 4-6 date because it coincides with my birthday, but I'm most interested in preventing the HQ conflict if that can be done.

See you all in the Spring.

-Craig

Yes, we noticed. Unfortunately, we cannot run a full event on the May 5th weekend due to staffing conflicts. The only other option was to conflict with NJ in May, and we already conflict with NJ in September. We really try to avoid conflicting with any one EC chapter more than once per season, if at all possible.

The Battle Day totally conflicts with my Tough Mudder in VT. If possible can you please extend the month of may by an extra week so I can make both?

kthxbye,
~Joe

thats kewl about the event dates,

not sure about the battle day.

anyway, im looking forward to the season

let us know when the clean up day is and i will totally help out for that

Morai said:
The Battle Day totally conflicts with my Tough Mudder in VT. If possible can you please extend the month of may by an extra week so I can make both?

kthxbye,
~Joe

We've submitted an application to have all months gain an additional 2 weeks to avoid further conflicts with the universe.

Where does one find the correct applications for month adjustments? I would really like to submit a proposal to have February decreased to 2 weeks... possibly just one.

Sadly several of these events conflict with events in Southern MN... But I can't imagine that is a particularly fair thing to have hoped for... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the confirmed schedule! :)

Deadlands said:
Morai said:

kthxbye,
~Joe

We've submitted an application to have all months gain an additional 2 weeks to avoid further conflicts with the universe.

You are so good to us! :wub2:

Well, except those of us who are only paid twice a month...

Might I make one humble request?

The battle day is on Cinco De Mayo...

Can one of the battle scenarios be written to share characteristics with the Battle of Puebla? History nerds would <3 it.

Stephen

Back