2014 May Favorites!

It's that time again to post your Favorite things about the event!

I liked all of the things. But in detail:

~ The Gypsy Liches! It made my night when they came out. Too bad I was asleep on my feet by that point - I would have loved to go out and play with them!
~ Reading the Emperor's journal, which was fascinating. I think I should start reading a few pages of something in Tal's voice before games. It was a easier to conjure up the accent after that, and I know I've been really lazy about it lately.
~ The first Keeper of the Book of Oaths. I feel like we would have gotten along pretty well under different circumstances. And the oath I did make seems more valuable all the time.
~ The Guardian of Eternal Secrets, and the depressing loss of his friendship with the Emperor.
~ The fall of Gaius Mandrake was the point in the battle when the adventurers won and Owen Primus had lost everything. Tal lost whatever motivation she might have had to kill the Emperor after that.
~ Asher's casting of the Summon Chimera Spirit ritual
~ Ooze-Tal dissipating just a second before the Emperor could Shatter Spirit her. She died either way, but to have her go out more naturally was a little bit satisfying.
~ HAVING ALL THE LIGHTNING. Being healed by lightning, and having a burst pool to drain into myself, rolling around like a self-sufficient Adept. Having an innate Lightning aura, so I could throw for lightning and use York's damage aura sword, which not only rounded off my backstabs, but also gave other people a chance to use my sword, which at that point would have been redundant for me. Having Phases at all was amazing, but using them on a riposted Terminate against Mandrake, and on an Obliterate from the Emperor were wildly satisfying uses for them. Not to mention all the spellstrikes! And resists! It was essentially the best thing ever.
~ Having a bunch of people spell-crafted was pretty awesome, too. We were a fantastic little Lightning-imbued army! I'm not sure how some of you guys got Stone, but that made for some fun RP, too.
~ Getting to do some real rogue-ing again! Later, I heard several different theories of what had happened to me, but the true story is that it takes a little while to go out into the field and get around the tavern, behind the tents, and into the cluster of "carriages" behind the Emperor and Mandrake. And then, of course, I had to wait for Mandrake to get distracted, because he's faster than me, and if he wasn't preoccupied, I wouldn't have been able to get close to the Emperor, let alone assassinate him. So, that's where I was. I wasn't dead, and I certainly didn't Spirit Recall.
~ Sunday morning bugbear brutality. We really are just cruel when it comes to those guys. But you just can't rock a shield and lightning-powered 20's without feeling pretty good anyway.
~ Heading out a group to get back York's sword Friday night, which of course was stolen by gnolls. We got the sword, and actually managed a relatively quick "Okay, we got what we came for, so let's get out of here!" sort of retreat. It felt really good to have a whole group of adventurers run together.
~ Kitaruen's bleeding sand, and furthermore, the ritualistic blood-magic destruction of the Annihilation circle, calling all the races, all proud peoples with strength in their blood, together to unite against a common threat. It really was magical.

Like I said, though: all of the things. This was really an awesome event! (Though I am sad to see the Empire plot go.) Thanks to everyone involved, and I'll see you again in June!

~Mariah

Last edited:
It was a rather satisfying event, especially being the end of a really long plot line that I really got into; I'm going to miss Lunar Magic though.

Favs:
- Chimera Spirit on Tal, Regen on Briar and Exile Plane on the portal, I love casting rituals. It's even better when I had a 75% no flaw/backlash success rate this event.
- The Dirt Mage. Nothing going wrong with it, except for the almost instantaneous Dragon Magic he was casting without effort.
- Reading the Journal of Owen C. Primus and how the Empire was created.
- The Grand Gooba revealing the Clone plan and faces lighting up.
- Joint and Bone. Sorry I had to embarrass your Suzzie-lu-who undead Vaughn.
- Swearing an Oath to the Emperor as he was searching to die near his best friend. Reminded me of when we defeated Flame and he limped towards his brother to die by his side.
- Kadien's RP with Owen Primus. That was just awesome to watch. "I...I know you...I remember...Owen Caspian Primus!"
- TPK during Clone Mod and avoiding Giaus Mandrake...we got absolutely slaughtered.
- The best way to get PCs to break bad habits is to threaten to never heal them again. It works every time.
- Guardian of Eternal Secrets and Keeper of Oaths RP.

More as I think of them.

Last edited:
I'll post up my favorites in a little bit, but to clarify before Vaughn gets in here and starts berating me: His name was the Guardian of Eternal Secrets, not the Keeper of Secrets. ;)

Oh, and it was "Caspian."

Oh jeez... favorites time. There was a lot of stuff going on this game, and I had an awesome time. I'm seriously wondering what is gonna happen next in Gaden with the Empire gone though.

My favorite moments:
-Finding out the "Requested" shovel mod wasn't as scary as I thought it was gonna be... till I heard the Dirt Mage was spitting out Dragon Magic like he had more than he knew what to do with.
- Spoons' resurrection story. It almost makes me want to die 3 more time to hear the rest of the Saga of Skittles and Snickers.
- Playing the celestial backpack game with Locke. It was less than 30 seconds but that was a ton of fun.
- "I think the term is Tavern Wench."
- Getting to deal some hurt with the Guardian Branch
- Almost getting my brains blow out my ears by Momma Bird. Next time Ilana will use that dispel, no matter how little time the effect will last.
- General Reginald, whose name I will never ever forget.
- Joint and Bone. Enough said.
- Sprinting up behind Kadien to slap a magic armor on him at the last possible second so he didn't have to eat an assassinate from Mandrake. And actually succeeding.
- Sunday morning Bugbears
- Ragnarok hitting himself with a paranoia gas
- The NPCs whose father didn't think they were pretty. Their RP between each other in the empty tavern was hilarious!!

I'll post up my favorites in a little bit, but to clarify before Vaughn gets in here and starts berating me: His name was the Guardian of Eternal Secrets, not the Keeper of Secrets. ;)

Oh, and it was "Caspian."
I guess my character concepts are so awesome everyone wants to take a piece out of them. :p

Overall, the final fight against the emperor, especially the portrayal of the Emperor and his General.

- The interplay upon first meeting the Emporer
- In the midst of the interplay, someone calling him Owen. It just seemed so belittling. :)
- As a fighter, being backed up by the casters, especially the magic armor and cure mort wounds!
- Relaxing in the Tea Tent, enjoying the breeze
- After losing my identity, having my fellow adventurers actually reciting details of my background to see about making me remember
- Spoon's Rez Story. I know someone already mentioned it, but it bears repeating
- Valentino's Rez Stories. Do they get any grander???
- Watching the fireworks from the "death pool"
- Seeing Talitha running all over after being imbued with the Chimaeric Spirit
- Von Gryphon lobbing lighting arrows high into the air, so as not to hit the adventurers on the other side of the bugbears. And having all the bugbears turn their backs on a full line of adventurers to investigate the arrows!
- The bugbears, when noticing that they were literally surrounded by adventurers hastily moving away to "reform" a line
- Tea Tent time with Socora and Von Gryphon to try and return my memories.... darn fog!
- New armor, which I finished the day before and got to spend time finding out its flaws
- Burning through magic items which I had obtained last market day

I actually had to put these together into a word document so that I could take my time and think clearly. This past Market Day was beyond AWESOME on so many levels.

· Started with Dave hesitantly approaching me to let me know that we didn’t have any water – while inconvenient, not a major deal – we had water, just had to pretend like it was the 1500’s and heat it up is all. Not that I want to make a habit of that :)
· Getting an excitable dedicated “tavern wench” – it has been a while since Socora has had one to rely on
· Spending Sat morning making breakfast with Kadien
· Speaking of Kadien, having a couple of adventures running to the tavern calling for Socora because Kadien lost his memories and Socora was needed. I enjoyed getting to do the RP while chill-laxing in the Tea Tent after supper
· All the Empire level mods that the Oozes need help with. Fighting paper pieces in the Library, being incased in a prison and having Briar drag me back into the library using Socora as a shield, then having Briar casually mention that ‘by the way – a prison is a high level celestial spell and Socora is a Biata’ hint hint - Threatening to cause intense mental anguish to Iliana for not thinking to release her.
· Listening to all our great ‘actors’ – Ooze Kadien’s confrontation with the Emperor when he first saw him. Spoon’s & Valentino’s resurrection stories – I wish I could have recorded them because they were going on simultaneously side-by-side – Alexander and all his character roles – as always dude, you are impressive!!
· Working with Locke in chasing down the Emperor to beat him into the ground near the end – killing the Emperor – stealing his crown
· Being killed near the end and feeling really really bummed that Socora would get to be part of the group that finally brought the Emperor down – then Kit slipped up behind her with a Life Spell
· Watching all our brand-brand new PC’s finding that they had valuable places in the epic battle (regardless of how small their cards were) and fulfilling them beyond expectation – you all ROCKED!!
· The final auction Saturday night – watching Briar give Asher the sad puppy dog eyes when Asher had to stop bidding on the Lion tabard – then the surprise when Socora jumped in at the last minute and started bidding on it. Kit, sorry to guilt you into dropping out of the bidding – I’ll make it up to you. Didn’t Briar look cocky Sunday morning wearing that tabard while fighting the Bug Bears.
· Bug Bears!!!! What a totally silly and fun way to spend the last of the Market Day :)

There are SO SO many more wonderful memories – but I think that I have carried on enough.

I could prattle on for hours about how much I enjoyed this event. But I'll attempt to restrain myself.

• Meeting Spoons. Seldom ever have I taken such a liking to a PC in such short time. Well done.
  • Teaching Kari how to black smith. "You see... You take the metal, AND YOU SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!"
  • Chilling out in the tea tent alone for a solid 30 min with a drink in hand.
  • At about silly o'clock mentioning to the wind that we REALLY want to go get that chair from the boggles. He proceeded to find a group of very nonthreatening boggles and had a grand time poking them with our swords. In the end we got the chair off the trap without setting it off and it became the god chair. we then sat and threw arrows at it until it went off and we all got intoxicated by the trap.
  • All the sly comments to Locke about Bethanne, Kayla's alt, and we just sat around laughing about how much she looked like Bethanne.
  • At the end of the Ooze wave waking up at 1 body and knowing I cant do anything. So I lay and waited for the emperor to come obliterate be and started to laugh once he got close. "You loose.. you loose... you loose!" Then I get obliterated. On the 2nd wave he threw laugh at ONLY me.
  • Offering up my blood to taint the circle as I was the only tribesman there.
  • After the fight having the shaman I was looking for show up and I had one of the most intense RP experiences ever. Boy do I have work to do.
  • All the amazing stories of the heroic actions and amazing feats of the other adventurers. You all are AMAZING.

-'You look alot like my teacher...."
-The stone chimeric spirit
-Iliana "CALLED IT!!!"
-Using the staff to destroy the emperor and general's slip stones and getting to shout 'I bow to no one' as the General ran up and killed my ooze
-Kit's resurrection story. Such a good balance of 'ooo this is nice' and 'I WANNA GO HOME NOW!!!"
-Being thought of as a Gaje Man walking into game
-Fighting Steven during the day during the moss fight. That was a tough little fight in the midst of everything but so much fun!
-Watching as a different character as Ragnarok does something I know might getting him stabbed by Bethanne and the ensuing RP that's sure to follow
-Mama Bird's food
-The NPC's both new and old
-Alexander as the emperor. So regal on the balcony with his monologue
-Adam as the General of the Red Lions. Absolutely terrifying! If I hadn't wanted to double check the general was down I might not have rezzed
-Ragnarok paranoia'ing himself and popping a couple endows on him

-Showing up just in time for the moss mod and making all those poor animals hallucinate :p
-Coming into town as Soren Anders and all the related antics with Artemis' Sword and buying weapons.
-The Slaughter of the Oozes, well fought, but they were no match for the power of his majesty!
-Kit's blood ritual. That was really well done.
-OMG ALEXANDER! THE EMPEROR WAS SO GREAT!
-Resurrection Fireworks.
-Joint and Bones. I couldn't stop laughing, sorry if it broke the immersion, but I guess I was a skeleton made of funny bones. :D
-I guess immortality costs 20g... :p
-Bugbear antics Sunday morning.

I hope everyone else also had a great time, I'll see ya'll in June!

-The storyline that allowed us to progress through the Golden Tower.
-The ooze clones fight.
-The FOOD!
-The Emperor's costume.
-Seeing General Mandrake running around the battlefield with his shield over his back - very effective.
-Getting the staff from the Guardian of Secrets by convincing him instead of fighting him.

-I enjoyed the portrayal of Emperor Owen, well done by Alexander as expected.
-Talking with the newbies
-Though dying sucked (I had one goal, ONE!), Valentino's resurrection story was just so stupidly brilliant. ^.^

Back