2014 National Event Cash Donations - now closed!

Lurin

Duke
While we will be announcing other donations needed in the coming month (and actively going forward) we'd like to get this donation opportunity out that for those that would like contribute to helping to defray the costs of hosting (that includes a multi-thousand dollar deposit for the site etc.)

So we are offering National "Donation Packets" at $15 a piece? With each Donation you get ALL the following.

1.) 6 Dragon Stamps, or the cost of a monthly 'Dragon Blanket' (this scale is set via the bylaws, please don't bother arguing about it ^.^)
2.) Goblin Stamps at one of the below participating chapters.
a.) Participating Chapters currently include - Southern Minnesota (2:1 - 30), Traverse City (2:1 - 30), New Hampshire (6 - Equal to Dragon Stamps), HQ (2:1 - 30, Chicago 2:1 30)
3.) Listed on the National Website once created via Real, or character name as a supporter of the event.
4.) Entry into a Raffle for one of at least 3 Items created from the Dragon Stamp System (Supplied by personal Donations) - I intend to fund this with any DS I get for service on the national game/paying national etc.) - Raffle to be held at the end of the National Event. These items will be create your own within a DS limit.

Donations will be processed twice a month in E-mails to the National Office (to help keep down on slamming the national folks with requests)

Interested? Here is a darn convenient link!

<Sorry too late!>

Don't see your local chapter as an option for goblin stamps? Prod your local staff/owner to have them sign on to be added to the list (not all of us watch the boards as closely as we should.

This Donation will be open until the prepaid costs are covered (and they are very large) but will stop once that's been fulfilled. Obviously multiple donations will garner multiple of all the above, with the exception of step 3 (although we could prominently display a team logo etc. for large donators of course)

Last edited:
Re: 2014 National Event Cash Donations

Able to post a quick link to the list of purchasables with Dragon Stamps? I have no idea where that is.

The above post has been updated to include Chicago under the options for Goblin stamps included with your donation. A big thanks to all chapters that have been willing to help contribute!.

Thanks to everyone that has donated thus far, we've raised 20% of our funding goal already! As a reminder you get credit for your donations shortly after you make them, so there's no need to hold off and wait too long!

As a reminder, this offer is still valid and makes a GREAT Christmas gift!

(Want a specially design card to hide under the tree? Let us know in the comments with your donation and we'll make it happen!)

I checked out the dragon stamps link, and can't find where it says anywhere:
how much XP is a dragon blanket? Is it the same as a monthly blanket?

I checked out the dragon stamps link, and can't find where it says anywhere:
how much XP is a dragon blanket? Is it the same as a monthly blanket?

Yes they award the same amount of XP as a monthly blanket would.

Reminder Bump, I'm paying the Deposit on the campsite shortly (we've got the funds set aside from our usual operating budget) and it's never to early to get those dragon blankets rolling!

Is the offer still open, or has the 20% been reached and the window closed?
Also, has the list of chapter matching points been expanded since the initial posting?
Thanks!

The Chapters involved are up to date, the 20% shows how much of our best case goal has been reached, so there is still plenty of room to donate. (We've put down the deposit on the site, mostly from the hosting chapter's funds, but still have a very large number of expenses to cover)

Two questions...

When the forum says "A contributor may never possess more then 12 blankets per year from the Alliance." is that limit 12 DRAGON blankets in addition to any gobbie blankets, or 12 COMBINED Dragon and Gobbie blankets? From context is looks to be the former, but better to ask a silly question that to guess wrong! <grin>

And can Dragon Blankets be used to cover prior months with the same 90 days limit as event blankets?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

It's in addition to, you can have 12 dragon blankets as well as goblin blankets.

They have the same rule as far as time limit goes, 3 months back plus current.

We've update the ticker, This donation opportunity still exists but will be shut down about 1 month before the national game regardless of if it's been filled or not!

Big thanks to recent donations folks, Fair warning to those on the fence, if we get another surge of donations like the recent one we'll have filled our concrete costs and this opportunity will be no more! Otherwise the End date for this promotion has now been set at June 25th of this year even if the cap has not been reached.

Glad to hear the donations are coming in! I donated around April 21 - any word on when we may have the DS and GS for use? I was hoping to get in a few blankets on my rabbit before Nationals. :) Thanks!

Glad to hear the donations are coming in! I donated around April 21 - any word on when we may have the DS and GS for use? I was hoping to get in a few blankets on my rabbit before Nationals. :) Thanks!

I'm going over the May donations tonight, I'll double check to make sure that donation in April was handled correctly, so you should see that update tonight.

On another note it's very possible this promotion could end at any time as it's nearly completely filled, so if interested, now is the time to take advantage!

Just finished submitting this most recent wave of donations, we are very close folks, only >>9<< more days (or less!) to take advantage of this offer!

Please note if you donated and haven't seen the e-mail for dragon stamp approval, please yell at me and we'll double check our records!

Only 37 hours left, this donation will be stopped shortly after midnight tomorrow night folks! Last chance to take advantage of this, ya'll have been warned!

Back