2015 stuffs

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey guys! Here are some announcements for the new season, that we are incredibly excited about!!

Costs: We have increased the cost of events this year. Pre-paid weekend events will now cost $60. This still can be paid as late as Sunday at midnight, 5 days before the event. Any payments received after Sunday at midnight before the event, will incur the $10 late penalty. Nothing new there. This reflection is for several reasons. With the more players and more levels, this means more treasure... Just ordered coins for $550. That might get us through half the year... I also need more potion reps, and might have to order makeup as well... you get the idea. Then there's advertising, accountant fees, website fees, insurance, and the obvious camp rentals. I just wanted to be transparent with you all so you don't see the new costs and get confused.

GOOD NEWS: With this increase... we have created some incentives.

1. If sleeping in an IN PERIOD TENT, you can still pay $50 pre-paid for the event.

2. YEARLY PASS. Because you have asked.... we are offering a yearly pass... what that means... 8 weekend events from April - November... already paid. If you choose this option, it will cost $440... a $40 savings overall. If you miss an event, we will not float it... instead you will receive the XP as if you showed and played.

For those of you not aware, we have lost Citadel... which means we will be staying in Greenwood, Lucky Circle, and assorted buildings scattered in town. If we get spillover, we can also stay in Sawmill, providing no one else is using the camp that event, and you don't mind being cold. They are like Citadel basically with no power or heat. Although I think they have the stoves. They are a bit off the beaten path, but if some people don't mind, we can make this happen if you choose that option.

Looking forward to a GREAT 2015 season!!!!

Jesse

I love having the convenient and money saving option of the season pass available. Thanks for adding that option, Jesse!

$5 off every event is nice, but not totally compelling to me -- especially in combination with the inability to rollover any missed events (which, I recognize, would be a real pain the neck for Alliance to track). Personally, I'm considering maybe NPCing one or both of the two events outside of New Acarthia this year. If the season pass offered greater savings of perhaps $10 off per event ($80 off for the year), or Buy 7 Get 1 Free ($60 off for the year), OR had the rollover feature, I think I'd throw down for it happily and enjoy the convenience. As presented, I think I'll pass on this offer this year. I just wanted to give you some feedback about this offer -- which, again, I'm happy to see at all.

Thanks,
Trace

Mike, yes.
basically... it just pays for all 8 events with a $40 discount. If you can't make the event, no, you do not receive production for a missed event, as per Alliance rules. But you will receive the xp for it.
trace, thanks for the feedback. Rolling over any missed events for anyone who has the pass is indeed a logistical nightmare to track. This is being done for the convenience of many who want to pay once and get it out of the way... and for the chapter to have some up front monies to buy coins and pay off the site fees well in advance if we can. Saving $40 isn't a bad gig either.

Last edited:
Regarding the Annual Pass, how long will this opportunity be available for? Will it only be available prior to the first event in April, or will it be available to existing and or new players after the first event at a prorated rate? Or alternatively if one were to purchase the pass after the first event in April would it extend one calendar year through to the 2016 season?

Also, as one of the tent campers, would that annual pass just not really apply since that would end up being more expensive than if I paid event to event? I do love the idea.

Another question on tents, I like to register fairly early, but for far end of the seasons ( April, Nov) if I say I am going to go tent and 4 days out it looks like it is going to be a snowy hell, can I just toss an extra 10 bucks and get a cabin?

Some clarity...
Aegora, the season pass is applicable prior to the April event only, yes. It is a "season" pass afterall. ;-) Pro-rating and/or rolling it over to next year just makes it more difficult to track and I want to keep logistics folks happy. As a perk for Denver members only, if you buy the package and have to miss an event, we are discussing considering your ($55 equivalent) event fee as a donation earning you 110 GS, then taking 60 to get xp for the event, then giving you 50gs in the database. More info to follow soon on that.
Matt, If you are tenting, yes, you are correct. It is still cheaper overall to pay for tenting through the year... $400 as opposed to the $440.
Jonathan, I don't want you to die out there pal! However, I also like to keep Mac happy... Please decide the Sunday before the event to assure that he has (makes) room for you in a heated cabin if that is the case. It would be 10 bucks for the cabin upgrade and another 10 bucks for late registration if you go past Sunday midnight. Hope that helps folks!

What if the tent campers could pay the $440 and get an equivalent GS for the difference of $480-$400? That's good incentive, fosters the culture of large scale creativity in building and buying period tents, and generates more $$ for Alliance without really costing anything. Just a thought.

Back