2016 National Event - FAQ (aka The Information Post)

Kasuni

Squire
Hello Everyone!

Please find below the 2016 National Event FAQ. If you have additional questions, please post them here and I will work to answer them as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Emily

1. Where is the 2016 National Event?
It will be hosted by the Alliance Seattle chapter, and the site it Millersylvania ELC, near Olympia, WA.
Camp Millersylvania ELC
12245 Tilley Rd S
Olympia, Washington 98512

2. When is the National Event?
Friday May 13th - Sunday May 15th, 2016. Please note that this will not be a 3-day weekend.
Friday: Site will open around 2p. Game-on will be a hard lay-on at 9pm. If you know you will be arriving late, please let logistics know.
Sunday: Game off will either be at 2p, with an expected departure time from site at 3p or 5p.

3. What is the best airport to fly in/out of?
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

4. How much will the event cost?
All prices below include food. Dietary restrictions should be noted on the pre-registration form once released.

You may prepay by sending your name and payment to 2016NationalDonations@gmail.com.
Please make sure to title the payment "Prepay" so we know that it is not a donation.

PC Pricing (sleeping in a cabin)
Pre-Registered - $80
Not Pre-Registered - $120

PC Pricing (camping in a tent/sleeping in a hotel)
Pre-Registered - $50
Not Pre-Registered - $100

NPC Pricing (cabin space included - no cold/wet NPCs!)
Pre-Registered - $20*
Not Pre-Registered - TBD

*Please note that we are charging for NPC pricing in order to cover meal plan costs.

5. What does the Food Situation look like?

All event pricing includes the meal plan. Dietary restrictions should be noted on the pre-registration form once released. The full kitchen (oven, counter space) will not be open for general use to avoid issues with space for the meal plan to cook. If you have a concern with this, please email manager@alliance-seattle.com and we will work to accommodate your needs.

6. Can I camp in a tent?
Yes! There is discounted pricing available for doing so. However, please note, this is the Pacific Northwest, so be prepared for heavy rains. There is cabin sleeping space for 150 on site.
We will have a designated area for tents, if you wish to stay in one.

7. How can I donate to the National Event to make it great and get some Dragon Stamps?
The Cash Donation Drive is currently launched here!
We will be releasing an item Donation Drive soon

8. How can I blanket the National Event?
See this post here!

9. What is the site, Millersylvania ELC, like?

It's cushy. All of the cabins have been remodeled (completion date April 2016) and have heat, 4 bunk beds each (they sleep 8 people), and electricity. There are heated showers, large fields, and a big main hall that seats over 100 people. This main hall tends to be a place that people congregate between modules and spending time in their cabins.

10. How can I inform staff for the event of a Medical Issue or a need for Accommodations?
Please shoot an email to manager@alliance-seattle.com and cc alibuntemeyergm@gmail.com and we will ensure the information is forwarded to the appropriate parties.

11. What is the plot for the National Event?
National Plot has been popping up all over the country since last year. If you hear the magic words "Aelin Mor" "Sightless" or "Fortannis", there is a good chance it is national plot related. You can find some Nationally started IG threads on the Fortannis boards with more to come!

12. Who is the National Event Plot Team?
Ali Buntemeyer
Anthony Mungo
Benjamin Thayer
Jim Sullivan
Seth Bird
Shane Macomber
Stephen Stana

13. How do I tell the plot staff that I'll be there to PC as my chacter [Insert Name Here] or that I want to NPC for them?
Fill out this handy questionnaire!

14. Anything special I should bring?
A lot of socks. If it rains, you will want to be able to change your socks.

15. Is the meal plan required?
Yes

16. What are the Meal Plan Details?
The meal plan includes Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, and Sunday Breakfast. A menu will be released approximately a month before the event.

17. What are the rules regarding Workshops for this event?
For those with workshops, you'll be allowed to use any chapter's workshop tag for first logistics, after that you'll have to find (or buy) access to a workshop for the second logistics period.

18. Who will the Rules Marshals be for the event?
The Seattle/Oregon Marshals + ARC volunteers will serve as Rules Marshals for the National event. Specific instructions for these marshals will be provided in advance of the event.

19. What will the IG Location be?
The location will be unique to this event. It will not be Seattle's regular location (Ceriopolis/Calliphestus)

20. How can I Pre-Register?
Check out this thread! http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/2016-national-event-pre-registration.32033/

21. What are the NPC Perks?
NPCs for the National Event will receive the following benefits:
75 Dragon Stamps
60 Goblins Stamps at Alliance Seattle
A 2 hour PC shift in which you may cameo a character of your choice. This is intended to be an RP break for you where you may hang out with your friends or meet characters you’ve only heard about in legend.

22. How can I use Goblin Stamps for the 100 Production Points that can be spent at an event?
You may use GS from any chapter. You will need to email that chapter and copy Seattle Logistics on the email requesting to use the Goblin Stamps and what you will be using them for. The chapter you are spending the GS from will need to then confirm that you have them and that they have been spent, then the items will be placed in your checkin folder. NOTE: Deadline for this kind of purchase is 2 weeks prior to the event, no exceptions!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much are event costs if one does not want to participate in the meal plan? Or is the meal plan required?

Since the meal plan is required

1. How far in advance will the meal plan be available to view, approximately?

2. Will the meal plan include a Saturday lunch?

Because I'm sure all the people playing Rabbit Artisans with 4 master ranks are dying to know....

Will we be able to use home workshops for the purposes of first logistics?

Because I'm sure all the people playing Rabbit Artisans with 4 master ranks are dying to know....

Will we be able to use home workshops for the purposes of first logistics?

Please see the new item #17!

That's a good idea. Can an admin assist with that, please?

Paladin of Life - Done!

Information on Cabin signups, for those of us who know who we want to bunk with?

How will gobbie production be handled? Are we using our home chapter gobbies?
If I have missed something obvious, feel free to point me in that direction.

Also, what is the compensation for NPCs?

Are volunteers needed for kitchen duty or other tasks during the event and if they are I would like to submit my name for a shift helping.

@Paige or @Kasuni do we have any sort of answers for these questions? :)

FAQ is now updated! check it out and let us know if you have further questions

Back