2019 Events Announcement

tieran

Duke
Alliance Rules
Gettysburg Staff
Marshal
All 2019 GB events prior to the official release of the new rules, will be held using whatever the most current playtest version of the rules is.

Right now, that is 0.11, but that may change. If it does, I’ll throw that up here. If it doesn’t, I won’t!

This means a couple things for players:
  1. You will need to know the new rules. Obviously, not in full, but enough to get by.
  2. You will need to know that everyone else will not be 100% proficient in the new rules and be considerate with things resulting from that.
  3. You will need to rebuild your character according to the new rules before you show up at the event. If you need help with this, please feel free to reach out to me on here and we can figure out a way to get you some help.
  4. As the first two events will take place before the tentative release date for 2.0, deaths taken during these events will not count. This is an OOG thing and is not something that your character would be aware of.
I think that covers everything. If you have questions, please feel free to either post them here or PM me on the boards and I will answer then as quickly as I can.

Thanks!

Justin,

Can you attach the latest rules packet here for convenience or add the link?

Thanks,

That is the most current playtest packet.

Great alot of exciting things in the packet I'm also available to help anyone if needed

Great, h ou w di we go about rebuilding our characters?

Excellent question! And one I should know the answer to.

The first step, which I'm currently on, is to get our current database imported to the playtest CMA database. Once that's online, players will be able to log in and start building. HOWEVER, in order for a player to log in, they need to have an email address on file in the database since that will be their login (and where a temporary password is sent.) You can log into the online database here, once your login is established: https://db.alliancelarp.com/

Your login will work across chapters, if you use the same email address in each chapter. Part of what I need to do to get the database ready for import is to make sure we have email addresses in the current DB for our players. It won't be 100% but I want to be sure our active players are all set. There will definitely be an announcement here when that's done and we are online.

In the mean time, you can play around with build ideas using the freeplay database here: https://freeplay.alliancelarp.com

Last edited by a moderator:
So we are coming in with all the BP and Levels were have earned, yes?

Yes, your current point total will stay the same.

But BP is now XP, for simplification.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Not at the moment. It just difficult to plan out what I want. When the free play database only has you at level 1

There should be a button at the bottom that will allow you to edit your XP points

The free play database will allow you to input the points a new entry is created with.

Beat me to it @Justyn !

There are a bunch of changes of various size from the last packet to this one. Make sure you give it a read!

Specifically it's located here.
View attachment 2218

I guess I don't know where to put this, but I think the calculations for Herbal Lore for the Spellsword class is off (Assuming Dryads still get half price Herbal Lore?) The book is saying it costs 6XP, the Dryad cost should bring it down to 3XP right? and the free play is listing it as 4XP.

I guess I don't know where to put this, but I think the calculations for Herbal Lore for the Spellsword class is off (Assuming Dryads still get half price Herbal Lore?) The book is saying it costs 6XP, the Dryad cost should bring it down to 3XP right? and the free play is listing it as 4XP.

@Alkalin3 - I’m showing the same thing for dryad spellsword.

It looks like CMA feedback thread was under the pre-2.0 section of the forum and got archived and is not accepting comments any more. I PM'd the person running the project with the info.

Back