2019 Transform Policy

Cory Walker

Scholar
Hey All

Just letting you know on an out of game manner, transforms short of Cosmetic or RP effects (please consult with your mod runner if said effect works); will be dampened likely until the launch of 2.0 rule-set. This includes local and traveling characters. This includes negative effects as well, but please play by the spirit of your character's transform. (For example, if you were allergic to silver, don't suddenly run out and start wielding silver weapons cause you can).

We as a plot team are re-learning the rules with you as well as trying to understand everything everyone can do without adding extra wrinkle into the mix just yet. Thank for for understanding.

I expect during our mid-summer break, to go through local transforms and update them. I would love to hear what you enjoy about your transform (or dislike); and envision. Preferably in email format: coryjwalker@gmail.com ; if you tell me at an event or afters I will forget a lot.

As for the in-game reason:

“The attack by the Whisperer on the ley line nexus located in Eloria City is still causing magic to be unstable. Some spells and incants had to re-learned. Known rituals are also reported losing power or failing to generate to desired magic effects. Rumors of new rituals being discovered. Beings of magic and even monsters have felt the ripple of the disruption of the ley lines.

Those in the Empire studying the damage to the ley line believe the magics will settle and no further aid is currently required.”

Thanks again, we look forward to this season and to see how you guys shape the story of Eloria.

-Cory

Yeah likely (unless they are rp based). Some of our transforms are nonstandard item based. Our goal isn't to take anything away, just get used to the new rule system balance.

If it falls in a grey area feel free to check with Thetford, Brigit, or I directly.

Ideally if you all have any items you question or have any concerns at all bring up them up to us know so we can discuss them prior to the event. That way we can work on the best solution for balancing and making players happy before game :).

Back