2020 Summer Season & The Virus

Jaerc

Artisan
Marshal
Alliance LARP Utah Community,

I am officially announcing the canceling of our 2020 Summer Season.

I didn't come to this conclusion lightly. Between myself, Marley, Katie, and the rest of the staff, we have been crunching the numbers and asking people to take surveys and answer questions. We have gotten a lot of feedback from you all, and we are grateful.

It is this feedback, and the result of many hours of research, that I have decided to cancel all in-person games until further notice. I will not allow us to game until either the entire state of Utah is in the "Green Condition" for over 30 days, or until a vaccine has been found and is being distributed. Utah medical experts are saying that we could "go green" as early as August (in time for our August game) or it could be longer. I will keep you up to date on that as it develops.

Please understand that I don't make this choice lightly. This is for the safety of the entire community! So when you think about this decision, please think about those around you that may or may not get sick if we were to all gather. This means that we will not be holding official games, official tavern nights, or official fighter practices during this time. If you wish to gather in groups and hang out outside of these community functions, I encourage you to wear a mask (as per the Governor's state-regulated orders) and to keep practicing social distancing.

On a more personal note, I want to thank you for your patience, your concerns, and your willingness to be open about these issues with both myself and Marley, as we were conducting this information gathering.

I will also say that I am truly proud of all of the efforts you and the state of Utah have made to stop the spread of the virus. And of course, I would like to say that I miss you all. This community has been a shining light in my life and I am so grateful to have started it. It has grown into this wonderful family. And it is just brilliant.

Please stay safe! Please stay healthy! I look forward to seeing you all after this is over.

Paul Iverson
Owner of Alliance LARP Utah.
801-793-2386
owner.utahalliance@gmail.com

Back