3G coverage

I had cell signal and was able to access El Interneto while on Site for my tour- on Sprint. No idea about Verizon ...sorry. :)

From what I can see from Verizon's map, it is pretty well into a 3g/enhanced services coverage area. Of course, we'll see when we get there.

Maureen

So, for future reference, Verizon 3G is intermittent but mostly steady from the Logistics building, and I could usually get normal data connection on my Droid if 3G was momentarily out. Not sure about the rest of site, though.

Have verizon 3g and get coverage at the site.

don't know about 3G, but my service tends to peter out once I get away from the parking lot.

I don't think you've been to the site they're talking about. ;)
(To be fair, I almost responded to it, too. I bet you did the same thing I did and opened a bunch of tabs for new things and assumed someone was talking about the OR event this weekend.)

Funny thing is, though, he's right. Some people get service in the parking lot, and it dies as you walk toward the barn. When I had a first gen iPhone, it only got service in the parking lot. (Never went there with the 4.) Some people would get bars and could do calls and texts, but consistent data might be tough.

I get cell signal close to the porta-potties by logistics, and at the far end of the parking lot. Can't get 3G until I'm well into town. - I'm on AT&T now, but when I was on Verizon I could get a decent signal on the edge of the "cliff" at the back of Scott's cabin, never had 3G there, but that was like 18 months(?) or so ago.

I had full 3G on Verizon in the tavern a few months back.

Back