9.3.22 "Changes" FAVORITES!

KialdaLoa

Scholar
New Hampshire Staff
I had such a good time yesterday!!! I could never write a murder mystery event this scary, but I'm glad Nick and Mark did, because it reminded me how much I LOVE playing gross creepy monsters and traumatized survivors

I had so many highlight moments that I'll def post about again later! What were some of your favorites, my friends? Share the love, spread the hype, give us feedback! ❤

Alright I'm gonna try to reflect chronologically, here!

I *LOVED* my Leyline Listener Apprentice personal plot moments! Training Jynx and teaching Ekka, and even just dropping off the drum for Myco - I'm super excited about this culture and so thankful for the PCs who want to pursue the funsies! Can't wait to keep training and sprinkling plot at y'all for it.

From eating corpses to vomiting poison, I really love being an over-dramatic undead NPC, hahaha!

I am *super glad* Nick encouraged me to dig in to the trauma of the survivor mod - when we were writing this, I expressed some nervousness about how tough it would be to watch a teenager see her mom die on stage, and like... Yeah. It was tough, and gross, and sad. But we had a good prep chat about how those scary and "real" moments add to the drama of the story, and he was ABSOLUTELY right. I also forgot how SATISFYING it is to get immersed into that drama and play a really traumatized character. Thanks to everyone who was so gentle and kind to Melanie!

Also! Huge shout out to Jeremy, who encouraged me to WING IT and come up with a fun character on the fly... when all I wanted was to go grab some cheese from the tavern because I was hungry OOG, hahah. So, uh, Mouse-Kin it is! Turns out, playing a jumpy, friendly, energetic cheese-hoarding kid is really natural and fun for me, lol! Thanks to Tam and Joshua for sharing some SWEET TREATS with Nina (sugar like that blew her little mouse brains out), and thanks to Alarik (sp? sorry!) and Ekka for startling her so much!

Okay I dunno if y'all realized this, but - For the final fight, when it was finally discovered that Grant the Butcher was the killer, I wanted *so badly* for the horde of ghoul NPCs to be a "surprise," I kept trying to keep us hidden behind his shop, and I got *so excited* about the anticipation and the drama. After the hold for description, when the marshal called "NPCs, are you ready?" I was like "SHHhHHhh!" Hahahaha! Then lay-on, and Grant exploded into a Charnal Titan, and we came crawling out of the woods in droves to feast on the corpses, and all in all it was such a jolly good (horrific) time!

So much love to all you nerds! Can't wait for Cinderfel in a couple weeks! And FULL WEEKEND in October!!!! Woohooooo!

OH I JUST REMEMBERED ONE!

Early game, Grant handing out his free samples ( :eek: ), Ekka and Vi'Achi both eat some and Grant tells them they can stop by his shop anytime...

... Ekka then MAKES THE JOKE: "Maybe dangerous for me to go. He better not think I'm meat to hunt!"

I DIED INSIDE. Vi'Achi was like "oh dat is so gross, don't freak me out like dat!" or something, and it was a major test of my acting/poker face-ing. Bahahah!!

In no particular order.

conversations IG regarding evaluating market prices for adventuring equipment goods.

Myco getting a drum to be distracted with.

The ghoul quarry and the Kyn fighting the monster that was shunning everything else.

Myco having expressed an interest in / intent to eat decaying corpses of sapient peoples at many past events and the resultant blase reaction to the butchery, only expressing horror at the necromantic aspects of the plot. By mild extension Alarik also having a similar affect due to living in a group with Myco and Mada (being a Komodo Dragonkyn who habitually talks about eating people.)

Myco having expressed an interest in / intent to eat decaying corpses of sapient peoples at many past events and the resultant blase reaction to the butchery, only expressing horror at the necromantic aspects of the plot. By mild extension Alarik also having a similar affect due to living in a group with Myco and Mada (being a Komodo Dragonkyn who habitually talks about eating people.)

DUDE. I (OOG) heard Alarik respond to the description of the butcher's shop with NO SURPRISE and was like "... wait, what? ... :eek: WHAT??" LOL. Y'all be scaring the staff, here. :p

Back