A bake shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
“Clover!” The call comes from the front of the store. Entering the baking kitchen Pâtissier Jean Mills looks around for his assistant. “Where’s that girl now?”

" Here Sir!" Clover comes in through the front door of the shop, with her empty basket.

" U need me for anything?"

"Here's a special order," handing Clover a folded card. "Please make a batch for tomorrow evening. Don't worry about payment, it's already been paid for. Deliver it to Sasha at the Ogre's Head tomorrow night, someone will be by to pick it up." Turning to go, Jean calls over his shoulder, "I'm heading down to the mill to check on some flour I ordered."

A dark figure slips in the locked front door and a rustling can be heard from the diplay cases.

silent as a whisper in a windstorm, the figure leaves and re locks the door.

In the morning the bakers assistant wakes and begins to prepare the shop for the mornings baking. Passing the diplay case an empty tray catches her eye.

Looking around the shop the assistant finds nothing else out of the ordinary but the last days Brownies missing. That and the paring knife but that might still be in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back