A Bard's Life for Me - Questions about Music

I have a few songs that involve a bit of mentioning of well...the 'Lord' and 'Jesus' but let me give you an example of how they are used, because I was pondering whether or not to change the words or to leave them as is and that In game it might refer to 'The current Lord of the Area' or something else, but I have thought of what I could possibly change these particular references to.

"The lord bless charlie Mops," that is a direct quote from one of the songs I know.

"Thunderin Jesus, did'ja think I'm dead," that was a quote from another song I am re-learning called 'Finnegan's Wake'. (Fun song, just like the first.) So I needed to know whether or not I should try and change these or if mentions of 'Jesus' could stay, because it is after all just a name, or if I should change the 'Lord' and 'Jesus' to other things. I am trying my best to look over songs that do not mention 'God' or anything pertaining to the higher power in any way. But these darn fun drinking songs just have to have them for Pete's sake! (I was being sarcastic there, just so you know.)

Since there is no use of religion in any way in Nero, I highly reccomend you take the safe road and change the wording entirely. Jesus is religious, so it's right out, although words like "King", "Lord", and "Almighty" run in a grey area I think is primarily governed by context. Basic rule of thumb is, if it might be taken the wrong way, don't use it.

Lhrayven Glacierwind said:
I have a few songs that involve a bit of mentioning of well...the 'Lord' and 'Jesus' but let me give you an example of how they are used, because I was pondering whether or not to change the words or to leave them as is and that In game it might refer to 'The current Lord of the Area' or something else, but I have thought of what I could possibly change these particular references to.

"The lord bless charlie Mops," that is a direct quote from one of the songs I know.

"Thunderin Jesus, did'ja think I'm dead," that was a quote from another song I am re-learning called 'Finnegan's Wake'. (Fun song, just like the first.) So I needed to know whether or not I should try and change these or if mentions of 'Jesus' could stay, because it is after all just a name, or if I should change the 'Lord' and 'Jesus' to other things. I am trying my best to look over songs that do not mention 'God' or anything pertaining to the higher power in any way. But these darn fun drinking songs just have to have them for Pete's sake! (I was being sarcastic there, just so you know.)

Personally, kyping songs from Minstrels of Mayhem and the Bedlam Bards, I tend to use replacements of some non-religious nature. For example, for "The Scotsman", I replace "twas nothin' more than God had graced him with upon his birth" for "more than life had...". For the Beer Beer Beer song, I'd recommend replacing "The lord bless..." with "The King bless". Given that there is even a Bless spell, it shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

jpariury said:
Personally, kyping songs from Minstrels of Mayhem and the Bedlam Bards, I tend to use replacements of some non-religious nature. For example, for "The Scotsman", I replace "twas nothin' more than God had graced him with upon his birth" for "more than life had...". For the Beer Beer Beer song, I'd recommend replacing "The lord bless..." with "The King bless". Given that there is even a Bless spell, it shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

I didn't think the bless would be technically a problem because of the fact we have a spell in NERO called bless. Thank you for the information.

Back