A call for adventurers and allies

The following is a prepared statement:

"When the portals next open on the fifth of this month the campaign to create a new bastion in Kalcadia will begin. To that end, the Sky Baroness will channel the elemental heart of Aolia to create a temporary portal to allow all those willing to help to do so. Lest even one of us forget, we should all be reminded that the battle to create Whitesun was devastatingly hard, and our foes have grown stronger in the intervening years. Let any who serve Eire, let any living person who would offer their hand in aid come forward for this great endeavor.
To our new friend Sir Wizard Balus and his people of Caldaria from across the mists, our invitation is personally extended. It was only with the willing aid of many of your good people that Aolia was saved less than one year ago. Now we ask you again to lend your strength so that Aolia may be made strong enough to stand on its own power.
Do not doubt that dark forces have arrayed themselves against us; this surely has always been true. Do not doubt that great evils will move to counter us; this could not be otherwise with the prize that is at stake. However, do not doubt that we shall win the day; for long years we have held on, always surrounded by foes and yet we have survived. On this day, with this deed, with the import of our actions flying high as any banner, we shall declare our intentions never to lay down, never to surrender; on this day, we shall stand tall and push back."

This concludes the statement issued by Her Royal Majesty Beah, Queen of Eire and Her Harvestlands, Sovereign of the Several Bastions, Defender of the True Mortals and Twice-born of Laerthan.

May I add my own personal statement that this will be no simple matter, and that much rests on the assistance of as many brave members of the adventuring community as can be persuaded, inspired or bullied or bribed into making a true effort. I myself will be leaving Finn Castle to bring some of our allies to be a part in this historic achievement and I hope to see many faces both familiar and new as I see the bastion fires rise for the first time. Until then.

-Justicar Francis Southkin of Finn Castle Bastion

Back