A couple of misc. ritual questions

Polare

Count
1. Is a body considered an "item" for the purposes of an Item Recall? Can I put an Item Recall on someone to effectively summon them to the circle where the Recall was cast? I'm pretty sure that this would work if you had a body without a spirit in it... why would this change if the body DOES have a spirit in it?

2. Audible Projection lists no duration on the scroll. Does it work (a) once ever, or (b) once each time the activation condition triggers, forever after? I presume the second, since the first would really, really suck.

3. Item recall lists no duration. I presume it works "until used". Is it once ever? Can the item be summoned multiple times forevermore?

-Bryan

In order to recall a body to a circle you'd need Spirit Recall. As far as item recall (which is until used, once), being cast on a body without a spirit, this is being looked at by the ARC right now along with a bunch of other CSS issues (such as can you cast a recall on a bottle and if so, which kind do you cast on it). Hopefully they'll make rulings on the CSS questions soon.

Jen

Jezebel said:
In order to recall a body to a circle you'd need Spirit Recall.

Ah, but that's a different case - that's the spirit itself choosing to recall. If a spirit were bottled, and activated a Spirit Recall, then theoretically the *bottle* would reappear in the casting circle, NOT the body, correct?

The intent for Item Recall on a body with a spirit is different than the intent for Spirit Recall on that same body. Imagine: Joe has a Spirit Recall on him. Bob casts an Item Recall on Joe's body. Now, at any time, Joe can choose to recall. Similarly, Bob can choose to *summon* Joe. They're very different uses.

-Bryan

I doubt that the intention is to be able to summon people.

Possible through wording? Sure. What was intended? Doubt it. Would I allow it? Not sure. I'll double-check my scroll at home and let you know what my reading of it is for your other questions.

Polare Lissenstine said:
1. Is a body considered an "item" for the purposes of an Item Recall? Can I put an Item Recall on someone to effectively summon them to the circle where the Recall was cast? I'm pretty sure that this would work if you had a body without a spirit in it... why would this change if the body DOES have a spirit in it?
-Bryan

The description in the book makes the intent clear in my eyes, not a person. I believe the change comes from the intent. Spirit Recall is for things with Spirits and Item Recall is for things without. We will make sure to keep everyone posted on the ARC rulings that Jen mentioned.

Back