A Couple Questions About Chapter-Hopping

Vryan

Rogue
Alliance General Manager
New Hampshire Staff
Hello, I have 2 events under my belt so far, both in New Hampshire, and I'm looking at my 3rd here in a week and a half. Since it's a different chapter (Massachusetts), I had a few questions.

Do I need my character sheet or is it already in the system?

Does spending experience work the same way?

Basically, is there anything else important that I should know?

Thanks to anyone and everyone in advance!! :D

You'll want to contact your logistics team and have them send a transfer card of your character.

The chapter you play in will then update your logistics team after the event and they will update you XP/build/deaths as normal.

That and its the CT chapter, currently running events in mass.

If you have never played in a chapter before, YOU are not even in their system. To save time at logistics, you can e-mail the logistics staff and have them enter your info ahead of time. Usually, name, address, e-mail, DOB. There are also the waivers to sign, CT's are available online so you can print them and bring them pre-filled out. http://www.caldaria.com/forms.html

Sunnfire said:
That and its the CT chapter, currently running events in mass.

If you have never played in a chapter before, YOU are not even in their system. To save time at logistics, you can e-mail the logistics staff and have them enter your info ahead of time. Usually, name, address, e-mail, DOB. There are also the waivers to sign, CT's are available online so you can print them and bring them pre-filled out. http://www.caldaria.com/forms.html
Can you give me a link to where I can email Caldaria's logistics?

Vry_Young_Pup said:
youthculture said:
logistics@caldaria.com
Thanks! So what exactly do I need to say in it?

Whenver you chapter hop you need to tell the chapter where your character is homed to send you character to the chapter where you will attend the event. Do this MORE THAN A WEEK before the event. Be sure to include the date of the event and whether you want to spend any free build. When the event is over the hosting chapter will update your character and send it back to your home chapter.

Mike Engler
HQ Logistics

And be sure to bring a copy of your old character card! If things go to the shitter at the very worst they put that card in their database + one weekend of experience.

Congradulations on entering the wild and whacky world of chapter hopping! You are now caught and for starters must play every chapter on the east coast! :D

Vry_Young_Pup said:
youthculture said:
logistics@caldaria.com
Thanks! So what exactly do I need to say in it?

To quote Mister Fancy Pants Hennesey:

"To save time at logistics, you can e-mail the logistics staff and have them enter your info ahead of time. Usually, name, address, e-mail, DOB. There are also the waivers to sign, CT's are available online so you can print them and bring them pre-filled out."

But basically speaking, here's everything you need to do step-by-step:

1. Email your home chapter Logistics. If you're a Deadlands person, which I think you are, you'll need to email Doug at deadlandslog@gmail.com. Ask him to send a transfer to Caldaria for the next event, which is not this weekend, but the next one.

You have now finished the hardest part. :lol:

2. Email logistics at Caldaria with your info (i.e., email, address, all that good stuff).

3. Now is a good time to take a few minutes to pre-reg and pre-logist. If you don't know what this means -- basically it's pre-paying (which gives you an awesmoe discount) and pre-logisting your characters skills so you don't have to stand in line (saving the logistics team some time, and also entering you in a raffle for a magic item zomg). You can do those things here: http://caldaria.com/forms.html

4. If you have your last character card saved from the last NH event you went to or an updated character card in your email, bring it with you just in case. If you don't save your cards, start doing it! It's a good habit to get into. Plus, you get to see how much you advanced through the season by looking at all your old cards. :lol:

You're done! Go eat a sandwich or something.

- Kelsey D.
Caldaria Staff

youthculture said:
3. Now is a good time to take a few minutes to pre-reg and pre-logist. If you don't know what this means -- basically it's pre-paying (which gives you an awesmoe discount) and pre-logisting your characters skills so you don't have to stand in line (saving the logistics team some time, and also entering you in a raffle for a magic item zomg). You can do those things here: http://caldaria.com/forms.html
First of all - Thank you very much for being very clear!

Secondly - if I'm not going to spend any build (I don't have a book and can't decide what I'm going to get), do I still need to pre-logist? When's the deadline for that anyway?

Thirdly - Thanks again!

Yep! If you don't need to spend any build, you can still pre-logist your skills -- for instance, if you're a scholar, saying which spells you want -- as well as production (i.e., alchemy, blacksmithing, scrolls, all that good stuff).

And it's no worries! If you have any questions, the folks at Caldaria are awesome sauce. Not that I'm biased or anything.

It would seem that all your effort was for nothing. Today I got an email saying I have to be 18 to play at all, after I already pre-registered. So I won't see you all this weekend... :x :evil:

That depends on the chapter. You can play much younger then that on the WC, but you're a Page (no weapons) until 16 (I think).
Some chapters have similar rules.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
It would seem that all your effort was for nothing. Today I got an email saying I have to be 18 to play at all, after I already pre-registered. So I won't see you all this weekend... :x :evil:

How old are you? If you are over 16, you can drive farther and play in the HQ game.

Fearless Leader said:
Vry_Young_Pup said:

How old are you? If you are over 16, you can drive farther and play in the HQ game.
I'm 16, but I don't think I'd be able to get down there. I live in upstate Vermont.

Send them an email and ask if you can still play even though your only 16. Some chapters allow that with written consent from parents. Obviously Deadlands and HQ do...

Dreamingfurther said:
Send them an email and ask if you can still play even though your only 16. Some chapters allow that with written consent from parents. Obviously Deadlands and HQ do...

I don't think that'll fly. It's an insurance issue. :(

I'm sorry you weren't able to play! I had no idea you were under eighteen, otherwise I would have brought it up to you.

balls, I guess insurance differs chapter to chapter. :?

Back