A Destructive R&D Development

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Apprentice Councilor Eve, Apprentice Vanya, and other adventurers of the Earth Guild of Terna,

We have been doing some research at the Research & Development Branch into the two Orbs created by Viktor Hook that were trusted to us, and while the magic imbuing them is indeed potent, we believed we have managed to uncover a means to break it. As far as we can tell, our method should be able to disenchant the two Orbs, the Skull, and Dagger (the latter two still being in possession of the adventurers, I believe) simultaneously in a single Destroy Magic ritual casting bolstered by the bit of unique magic tailored to these items that we have managed to cook up. I’m really quite pleased with what we’ve created!

The downside to all of this is that, while the ritual will be able to penetrate the items’ defenses, the items also seem to fight back against such intrusion. In our preliminary research attempts, we witnessed the Orbs not only summoning manifestations of chaos energy that would attempt to interrupt the process, but also would even beginning to unravel the scroll itself in an attempt to prevent the ritual from reaching completion.

However, I am sure a few adventurers should be more than up to the task of not only holding back whatever the items spit out, but also keeping the scroll intact and completing the ritual. The ritual itself will need to be begun by an earth Formalist (and the ritual is only of the 3rd tier of difficulty, so I am certain many among you could perform it), but the latter can be done simply by anyone capable of casting earthen magic from memory. I would recommend having at least a couple earthen casters within the circle to help keep the scroll under control, but someone could do it alone if absolutely necessary.

To that end, I would ask that whoever is in possession of the Skull and Dagger please bring them when next the adventurers gather so that we can ensure that all four of Hook’s vile items get destroyed at one time. Whenever you are ready to get this done, please make your way to the Earth Guild outpost near where you gather, ask for me, and I can gather the necessary preparations.

Thank you,
Eli Rivers
Earth Guild of Terna, Research & Development Branch

Last edited:
Hello Eli!
Wonderful news! I will make sure the items make it to the market as I know who is in possession of them. Would you be available to answer a few questions so we can make better informed choices for when the ritual is cast?

May the light guide you,

Eve Rosenfeld

Sister of the Brotherhood of LifeStorm
Apprentice Councilor under Grand Master Haven of the Research and Development Branch of the Greater Earth Guild of Terna
Owner of the Sparrow's Nest in Fairfax in Wayside

Councilor Rosenfeld,

Please let me know if you wish my assistance in this manner; I am of course willing to aid the Research and Development branch in endeavors such as this. I have left a portion of my High Magic unallocated in anticipation of its need.

Talus Duskmere

Apprentice Councilor Eve,

Of course! Some of the nature of this endeavor is experimental, but I will strive to answer whatever questions you have to the best of my ability. What do you wish to know?

Talus,

I am sure the guild would be happy to have you assist in this endeavor. I believe I saw a note among the guild's records that you were looking to join the branch, and this would be an excellent opportunity for you to get your foot in the door.

- Eli Rivers

Please let me know if there is anything that the Solars Guild can do to assist in this endever.

Fredrick Crawford

Fredrick,

While you would need to be capable of casting at least a little earth magic to assist in keeping the scroll intact, a celestialist like yourself would no doubt be useful on the outside of the circle when dealing with the chaos energies summoned by the items.

- Eli Rivers

Eli,

Do those helping sustain the ritual need to be able to link formal magic or just cast earthen magics? In theory, how much of this magic would be summoned in the circle versus outside of it?

-Eve

Apprentice Councilor Eve,

Those simply assisting in keeping the scroll intact need only be able to cast earthen magic from memory. Even a single spell will be sufficient, I imagine.

The chaos magic that comes out of the items tends to suffuse into the circle and radiate outward more than within. I would say that those outside the circle are actually in more danger than those within, but the way the energy becomes one with the circle, the manifestations it summons are able to freely enter the circle as if they were Invested, even when we tested this using a battle magic circle. So those outside will not only have to contend with the chaos, but also keep it from entering the circle and disrupting the ritual casting.

- Eli Rivers

Dolarth will be availables to be directed to help wheres best value added. Can casts earth magics and bash things so use Dolarth were bests neededs.

-Dolarth

Et all.

I will be happy to be of service in what ever fashion you need of me.

Beryl Bunchberry
Quarter Master of Lifestorm

Thank you Eli for that information.

Adventures of Wayside and those visiting from other lands,
Any help that would be offered will be greatly appreciated as this will help our endeavors greatly in the fight against the undead plight.

Members of the Earth Guild,
Those who will be in town should come when we announce the ritual will be cast.

Thank you,

Eve

Back