A Familiar Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my first time encountering such a creature. I have a feeling we may be meeting with it again soon.

"There is a Ritual that summons them... I don't think I've ever encountered one in the wild, it's a planar creature.. It exists in several ways... Panthergast, Hunter, Terminator, Exterminator, Reaver, and Panthergaunt. They typically believe the race of the caster is the one true race and destroy all other races. Somehow you must have met a variation that did so with sex rather than race. This is unusual but not impossible to deal with. Unless it started summoning lesser Panthergasts... then it starts to be a real problem." he pauses for a moment, pensively thinking."If you have no other way... 5 days and it will go away too..." Mobeus gives a nod.

Mobeus grins for a moment and points to Jinn, "He also has the power to defeat Panthergasts... it's very true. Frankly, we Celestials are the best defense against them, as they are extraplanar, like Elementals, Fae, and the like... Banish should work against them, ensure you bring some scrolls, or memorize some for the coming days.. it'll be of great benefit to you and your friends.."

Arlyne then finishes up the rest of her mead and gets up.
"I will. Thank you Mobieus for your time. It's good seeing you again. "
She nods at Jinn.
"If you excuse me...I have some studying to do. Farewell."

Jinn nods his head "Good luck Warmage, please let me know if I can be of any assistant"

"I will. Thank you Jinn"

Kumari stumbled though the Portal, the scent of pine and city hitting her sensitive nose. She didn't remember the Lux being so... Active. The city was bustling with people. Said people were happy to direct her towards the local tavern.

She walked inside, and immediately spotted old friends. She waved at Jinn and ran over to Mobeus, offering the old human a hug. "... Guys. Did you know that it's spring?" She grinned at them both, her tail swishing back and forth under her skirt. "What did I miss while the weather.... Ummmmm... Distracted me?"

Cato walks into the Tavern looking for some food after a stressful few days. Glancing around the room he notices some friends. Approaching the table he waves to Jinn , Mobeus and Kumari. Perfect I was looking for you Kumari. When you have a moment could we chat in private? Sorry I interrupted your chat.

Jinn greets Kumari with a large hug and a smile "Enjoying the change of seasons already I hope." He turns to Cato with a bow "Greetings teacher, I hope today finds you well. If you are of need of Kumari I shall not keep her, I only request that she comes back soon as we have much planning to do"

Kumari was startled to suddenly be needed everywhere at once... But that's what you get when you go away for a month. "I will be right back then." She nodded breifly to Jinn and walked towards the door. "I assume you want to step outside for a moment then Cato? How private does this chat need to be?"

Cato looks at Kumari and agrees let's go outside and find a spot where we can't be heard.

(Taken to PM)

Kumari walks back into the tavern, sitting next to Jinn. It's nice when business can be handled quickly. "Right so... What did I miss again?"

Jinn chuckles to himself

"Back with us for only a moment and that cat is already in trouble..."

"Oh... just a new fae forest popping up around us thanks to Seigart and Scarlet, who now live there I think. Do not go in there right now... Many many bandits, sneaky buggers who like to blend into the crowd outside. The shadow circle attacked us Sunday morning. Plus the usual internal guild corruption and such... So the usual i guess"

Kumari blinked at Jinn as she took in this information. Her expression changed from excited, to sad, to annoyed and then back to sad. A small sad smile crept across her face as she looked out a near by window. "Ah... The forest is his. That explains the familiar scent... I... I'm happy for him. It's what he's always wanted. I'm glad he could do it finally." Her eyes remained on the window as she continued to speak to Jinn. "Did he ever get my letter...? Well I suppose it doesn't matter. What is it we have to plan?"

"I know that he did... but do not know his reaction. But we must move on to better things! We must start planning and gathering supplies for our trip through the mists, as we leave in 3 weeks time. I am excited to meet all of your friends that live in other lands!"

Her smile widened to something genuinely happy. "I'm excited for you to meet them too! There are many Tari Nor there that you will like! And some of them wear the paints like you do! There's also a kin that walks around in a bone golem... It was quite impressive. Not to mention Polair and Scarlett's Baron are through the mists... You had better invite me to all the orgys! I know the Tari Nor are having them!"

Oh... of course you will be invited, it is spring after all. And oh I had forgotten about the Baron... I am so excited to see him again! I've also heard rumors of a great hunt a tribe of orcs will be holding, And since I am a wild hunter now I want to join them for great glory!

A small smirk appeared across Kumari's face as Jinn spoke. "Oh. A mighty hunter now are you? I wasn't aware. I thought you were too busy killing the local raven population." She ran her claws lightly along his feathered armor, playing with the black feathers. "...I'd join the guild... But I don't think they'd accept me. Not after, well, you know... " She shrugged a little, suddenly intent on his feathers." But the orcs sound fun. Especially if they're like Runt. I'll join you in the hunt, depending on what it is."

"He seems to prefer hunting slimes, or the people that pay him to hunt slimes at least."

He thudded into a vacant chair in an unceremonious fashion that seemed to indicate he had little regard for the wellbeing of the seat, or his own behind for that matter. The human looked tired, and unhappy. Add to that the fact that he was covered in mud and chicken feathers, one could conclude he was having a bad day. To support this, he waved at the nearest server and made a gesture indicating he needed a drink.

"I haven't hunted anything but bandits for a while. Whatever the Greenskins drum up might be fun."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back