A Familiar Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You have a certain glow about you Aisling, your spring must be treating you well. I believe I also met that unicorn, she seemed very nice. Shame she wouldn' let you ride her though, I will be asking the same thing when I head into the forest after we return from through the mists... well somewhat the same thing... Anywho, me amd Johm would be glad to take anything you need delivered through the mists, or send greetings to anyone there as well"

Jinn pauses as the foxkin joins the table

"Hello Kai, how are your chickens faring?"

Billin smiles when Aisling sits down "Why did you decide to live and be the guardian of this blasted forest?" He asks "and how where you not killed before you got the chance?"

When Kai sits down Billin nods his head in greeting "Kai" he says with a smile. Billin then stares off to the side, 'I have been smiling a lot with these people despite what has happened to everyone' he thought.

Kai nods to Billin, and replies to Jinn. "They are good, thanks for asking. They seem to be starting to figure out their pecking order. Which is totally a thing, and not just a turn of phrase." Kai also met the unicorn, but she doesn't bring it up, because the fainting part was rather embarrassing.

"Billin, did they ever recover your hammer?"

"They did, Johm here did a good job during the investigation."

"Well I imagine it might be a bit safer in that forest what with 3 Tari'nor taking up residence, but I also could be wrong. Im glad that you're guarding it Aisling, A forest should have that. I myself can not wait until i can properly explore it, I find myself craving a nap under a tree much more since we arrived here. Cities make me un comfortable at times..."

Jinn turns to Billin "Im not surprised he did, I can count the amount of people I would blindly trust with my life on once hand..." Jinn points to Johm with his mug "And he would be the first"

"Kai!" Aisling waves merrily at the foxkin, automatically scooching over to make room for her friend, copying her in ordering a nonalcoholic drink. Her head whips back to Johm and Jinn as they manage to answer her word vomit, grin widening. "Yay! Thanks! I'll bring you the things and fill you in on who they need to go to before you go on your travels."

She kicks her legs back and forth excitedly under the table, paying for her drink when it comes and taking a quaff of the cool beverage. Violet gaze flicking to Billin, she answers Jinn and him in one. "I found Siegart! He asked me to, and I said yes. The unicorn agreed, she said I was, like, pure-hearted or something? Honestly, I didn't know any part of me could still be pure, but there you go. I can be in the forest without being killed because they named me as a Guardian in the ritual, I guess? I wasn't there to see it, Siegart sent me to go get the unicorn and tell her the forest was ready." The Tari Nor youth takes a moment to ponder, sipping from her drink all the while, expression introspective.

"And, well, I did it for a few reasons. One, Siegart asked me to and he's one of my bestest friends, two, forests are awesome and magic forests are even more awesome, three, there was a unicorn involved, four, I met some Guardians of another forest through the Mists and they were really inspiring, five, being a Guardian is kind of cool, and, hmm, six, I wanted to contribute in my own way. Signing on to protect a magic forest for the rest of my life seemed like a good way to do that. If my being alive helps keep the forest alive, it's worth it, right?" She shrugs, managing to be both irreverent and meaningful at the same time, always a study in contradictions.

"You guys should totally explore it once the growth settles down. Just be careful, it's a fae forest, not a regular one." Nudging closer to Kai, she beams at her fox friend, wriggling excitedly. "Wow, you have chickens? Can I pet the chickens?"

Kai replies to Billin, "Im glad to hear that." She turns and grins at Aisling. "You can definitely pet the chickens. They are very friendly. I'll need to recognize you in and out of the circle though. Figured it was the best way to keep them safe around here. Well, safeish anyways.

What's all this I keep hearing about the forest being dangerous? I thought it was built around us to protect us? Oh, can you ask Siegart if he would like some fertilizer? Gonna be a few months til it's ready, but I figured he should get first dibs."

Johm made a waving gesture with his hand, seemingly uncomfortable with the praise. He talked a lot of swaggering talk but at the end of the day he was almost cripplingly modest. Something to do with a lack of positive reinforcement during his youth maybe.

"Corporal Mar did most of the legwork. I just helped him reach all the conclusions and kept the lower ranks in line."

He took a very large drink. He wanted to be in the forest, away from the crowds and the crime and the stink of the city, with only a few trusted friends around. Though his views of woodcraft were colored by his humanity, he was much the same as the Tari-Nor in that regard.

"That said, I regret that the arrest was a bit of a debacle, and the shadow circle attacking was not an anticipated interruption. I'm going to ensure our unit gets some training when I get back."

He lifted his own mug in Jinn's direction. The Wood Elf could be a pain in the east end of a west bound Johm, but ue was a good friend. But it was past time to change the subject away from himself.

"I tried to have a staring contest with a chicken once. Got pecked in the eye for my trouble."

"I've always one must take caution when staring a **** in the eye..."

Jinn chuckles to himself

"Jinn, I didn't take you for a chicken" Billin chuckles as well

Jinn chuckles and tips his mug to Billin "A dwarf making a joke... this must be a sign of good things to come!"

Jinn turns to Kai "The forest is a fae forest, put there to stop the elementals from attacking. So it is good to have, but venturing into it alone isn' a good idea. Fae have a different idea of right and wrong and it may not be safe"

"It's their home. Treat it with respect, and its denizens like a host we've inconvenienced, and I'm sure we should all be fine."

He found the fae were beat handled like children. Children capable of instant murder. Sure they MIGHT regret it later, but you were still dead. He had only met a few, and all had been impulsive and capable of great violence and destruction. Even Apple had her moments, and the paralysis he had experienced at her hand would not be forgotten.

"Jinn, what I learned in my youth regarding chicken, is thay they're rats with wings. They'll eat anything, peck anything they can't eat until they can eat it, and ultimately cover it in **** if they can't. Only good chicken is one that's slated for the ax."

He glanced at Kai, before finishing the dregs of his drink.

"Though maybe the fox in the henhouse can raise the exception. Alas I'm on duty .I should return to patrol, or at least clean some of these feathers off, rather than drink myself stupid with you lot. Pleasant day."

He clapped the empty tankard down and rose to his feet, hand resting on his sword as he wandered out into the street to cause trouble.

Kai sighs, finishing her drink a bit after Johm leaves. "I should probably get going too. I need to find mr Evo so we can go to that part of the library with the construct guy and re-shelve books. Aisling, if you want to meet chickens, come see me by the firepit after breakfast or dinner any day."

She nods a goodbye to those assembled, and makes her way out.

"Well it does seem to be that time for me to get some final preparations done before our little trip. Aisling, I'll be around later to pick up whatever it is you wanted us to take through the mists. Also a guide on some friendly companions whilst we are there would be nice, I imagine you would know more then a handful of pleasant people I would spent some time with."

Jinn downs the rest of his mug and stands to leave the table.

"Good day to you Billin, and to you Mobeus. I feel the need to make something... pretty for my trip, I wonder what kind of reptile hide I can find around here..."

With that he heads to the door, a thoughtful look on his face

Looking up from his writing, seeing the world pass by him with so many conversations going on, Mobeus smiles gently. Continuing to write in silence, the pen scratches overshadowed by the sounds of the tavern at large, he closes his volume before standing up and making his way to the door. "There is yet hope for you all." he comments quietly to himself, before leaving through the broad doors of the tavern and vanishes quietly into the bustle and noise of the Lux.

Billin raises his glass in farewell to each of his companions as they leave for the door till it is just Aisling and himself left at the table. "My offer still stands, anything you might need in the forest, if I can make it, it's yours for cost."

Castryn strolls into the tavern just looking for a semi-quiet place to contemplate the past year. It was good to see the people he met so briefly again. He makes cursory glances at each table watching old friends re-acquainting with each other.
After all the traveling Castryn did in the pas year searching for his former teacher, he knew he felt more confident in his skills. His old teacher would have been...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back