A few extra 2 weapon questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex W

I'm about to do my rewrite and was considering going for a 2 weapon build. I play a barbarian with "a thing" for axes, for starters would an axe be blunt or edge? since it is sort of slashing. Second with the Florentine and 2 weapons skills the rules say that one of them has to be small or short. So if I have an a long 1 handed weapon in one the other has to fit the size specifications of short weapon (28 in- 36in if I'm not mistaken) so they will do the same damage just be slightly different in size. That is how it appears to me tell me if I am wrong or correct on that. Also if I have a weapon prof in 1 hand blunt (if an axe is blunt) will both weapons get the attack bonus per swing or just the primary weapon since they would both be considered 1 hand blunt(once again assuming that's what the axe would be). I think that is all I have to ask, if I remember more later I know where to look!

If any of my questions are worded weirdly let me know... I'm a barbarian... words are hard.
Alex

One more thing. I know to get a weapon prof as a fighter, you spend 4x critical attacks. For abilities where weapon prof's are the prerequisite (i.e. slay, or parry) do I have to sell my weapon profs to get them? Or can I get another slay for every 2 weapon profs I have. If that is the case can my 2 weapon profs count as my prerequisites for both parry and slay. or just one of them.

1) Axes are considered edged weapons.
2) If you have just Florentine one of the weapons needs to be small (ie, dagger size/as described by the small weapon skill). Daggers have a base damage of 1, whereas short weapons and long weapons both have base damage 2. Therefore if you are using Florentine the dagger hand will swing for one less. However, if you have both the Florentine and Two Weapons skills, you can use either two short weapons or one long and one short, in which case both hands have the same damage, as you said.
3) Weapon profs are not specific to weapon type, but rather add damage to any weapon you have the skill to use with either hand. So if you have 1 prof, you add 1 to all damage calls regardless of the type of weapon you're using or what hand you're holding it in.
4) You do not have to sell back profs to get parries or other blade skills, and yes the profs count as prerequisites for all blade skills. For example, if you buy four profs you could also get up to 2 parries and 2 slays and 1 eviscerate and 1 stun limb and 1 riposte and 1 shatter and 4 disarms, as long as you have enough build.

I hope this answers everything for you!

Thank you so much! You covered everything perfectly! So as far as the weapon profs go, will that even work for throwing weapons as well as all the melee?

It will work for all throwing weapons as well.

The only time Weapon Profs are "different" are for 2-hand weapons (greatswords, bows, polearms), which they count for 1.5 points of damage (rounded down), and for waylay, which they do not add to at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back