A few questions.

Thorador

Rogue
Colorado Staff
I am originally from Minnesota, and have recently moved to Colorado. I played heavily in the SoMN chapter and was plot staff at Chicago. I have a few questions on polices for the Denver Chapter, just gonna list them below.

1. Is there a Build Cap currently in play, and if so, at what rate is it increasing?
  2. I have some friends that might be interested in playing, is there a reduced cost or free first event?
  3. Does it cost anything to NPC?
  4. What is your LCO MI transfer policy, if any?
  5. For the Season Pass and Meal Pass do you receive Gobbies or other rewards for buying in such large amount? I have seen similar policies elsewhere and they usually include a reward like that, but I couldn't find anything on the website about that.
  6. On average how many PCs and NPCs on average have there been?
I may add more questions if I think of them, but that should be a good start. I spent a little trying to find the above info but couldn't.

Last edited:
1. Yes, we are currently around 90BP. Our opener is in April and we have 8 weekend events a year and usually a faire day (hoep that helps calculate xp)
2. Nope... but they can purchase a trial membership for one event instead of the full. We also have reduced prices if you are "in period tent camping."
3. NPC is free and we feed you 3 meals too!!
4. LCO stands for local chapter only, so they do not transfer.
5. Season pass is basically a $40 discount in the long run. It also helps us with up front costs for the year. No extra gobbies.
6. At our closer, I think we had around 55-58 Pcs, and about 20 Npcs off and on. (including non-combatants)
In April, we are looking to hit 100 total!!

If you have more questions, shoot em to AllianceDen@gmail.com or plot@alliancedenver.com

Jesse
Owner/GM

Welcome to Denver fellow insomniac.

I'd add to Jesse's response to question #6 that the November event had slightly lower attendance because it was 25 and snowing.

From minnesota, and we do November and February games...sooo ya =)

Do new players get a free character rebuild after their first event? I know it is common in a lot of other chapters, but not sure if that is a national policy or a local one?

Yay for new players! I have a good friend that does a lot of Amtgard up in Minnesota. I've been meaning to get up there and swing sticks with them as well as check out the Alliance chapter.

If you visit the Minnesota chapter, make sure to try and go when they are having the event at the Castle.
It's a boy scout camp that built a castle to increase membership.
20100919_hidden-castle-exterior_33.jpg

CastleProgress62_web-736922.gif

miller.jpg

Question on the Build Cap. So if it is starting at 90 during the first event does it increase each event? and is it proportional to just attending the events, or monthly blankets as well?
I plan on PCing in june(I'm NPCing april, and am out of town for may), and don't want my alt to be over leveled.

Just proportionate to the Event XP. We don't allow monthly blankets in Denver.

Like at all? Isn't that in the ARB? Just wondering cause I plan on bringing friends in june, and was helping them build character's based on the presumition that we could donate some stuff, and get them to back blanket the April and may event, and 4 monthly blankets. Is that not possible?

Nevermind, just checked apparently they are not. Interesting. kk, well that is good to know regardless.

You can only back blanket events up to three months and only IF you had a membership on file during that time... if they want to take advantage of some of that, they should probably get their membership prior to this Friday.
And for the new kids around here... an event xp blanket is different from a monthly blanket that some other chapters offer. According to the Alliance Bylaws, you can only get monthly blankets from your "HOME" chapter, and only if that chapter allows it.

Well that is good to know. I was basing decisions off the quoted 90 build.

Back