A few rules issues from the April event

Polare

Count
A couple of rules issues came up at the April event which I'd like to clarify and/or reinforce.

1. Massive carrier. Like any non-standard carrier, it should be noted either before game or at Logistics to all characters when it is being used. We missed doing that this time. For future reference, Massive carrier does the following in NERO Seattle:

- When someone makes a valid swing with a Massive carrier, if you block it with a weapon or shield, you still take the damage.
- Massive carrier is not Chaos or Body, therefore it affects armor points first.
- Massive carrier is not a spellstrike, therefore you will not take hits to garb, just like normal weapon swings.
- Massive carrier must be called with a valid swing - thus it must be 45 degrees, etc. etc.; blocking with a non-valid swing does not mean you can call "Massive" damage and have the attacker take damage.

2. Light spells/effects on weapons. Light spells and alchemy may not normally be applied to weapons. Allowing such is a Plot decision for module-length periods only; if you think doing so would be appropriate, talk to your Plot person. Regularly adding Light spells or effects to weapons is not supported by the rules.

3. Page headbands *must* have the word PAGE clearly written on them. The headbands must be clearly visible at all times. I reminded most of the pages of this at least once during the weekend. Similarly, there were some people who swung weapons at pages (this includes myself in a gross bout of stupidity). PLEASE be very careful who you swing at. Clearer headbands would make this easier.

If you have other rules issues or questions from this event, please post here or contact me privately as you prefer. In general, there were comparatively few rules questions or issues at the event, and from my perspective it ran pretty smoothly throughout. Hooray for that!

Thanks!
-Bryan

4. When you are affected by Laugh or any other effect which denies you the use of game skills you may not attack with your weapon, even if also affected by an effect which forces you to do so (such as Dominate + "Defend Me"). Furthermore, remember that when you have lost game skills any hits which you take on a weapon count against your body, as you are no longer capable of using a weapon to defend yourself.

-Dan

Dave;19459 said:
As a note, it was announced at Saturday Logistics that we were using the Massive carrier.

That was something I missed then... which I only say to illustrate that not everyone heard it.

5. The proper way to tag a magic item (weapon, shield, monkey) is to put the Physrep number on it, not the magic item number. I actually noticed a few just out of hand that had the MI number on them instead. The purpose of this is to not defeat the use of the Detect Magic spell.

Sarah;19470 said:
That was something I missed then... which I only say to illustrate that not everyone heard it.

Just because not everyone heard it, does not mean it was not announced. I very specifically stayed in logistics to try to make sure everyone heard the announcement. Clearly not everyone did, but if I did not get the majority, I am surprised.

6. If you are healed by <effect>, then you are considered to be immune to the <effect> carrier, and cannot take healing from it.

For example, let's say Electric Solomon is healed by lightning. He is immune to his own weapon carrier of "X Lightning", so he cannot simply hit himself repeatedly in order to heal. He can, however, be healed by Lightning Bolt, Lightning Storm, and numeric amounts of Elemental Lightning damage.

Shikar al'Basteua;19514 said:
6. If you are healed by <effect>, then you are considered to be immune to the <effect> carrier, and cannot take healing from it.

For example, let's say Electric Solomon is healed by lightning. He is immune to his own weapon carrier of "X Lightning", so he cannot simply hit himself repeatedly in order to heal. He can, however, be healed by Lightning Bolt, Lightning Storm, and numeric amounts of Elemental Lightning damage.
And tho I know everyone most likly knows this, healed by also applys to spellstrikes even tho its weapon delivered.

Back