A Final Chance To Forgive The Wraith

Undrask

Scholar
In battle, anger is our ally. It bolsters our hearts and drives our blades with more strength. Anger purifies our mind of guilt, of regret, of fear. It is a great tool, and a tool that should be readily used by those who fight, and especially those who fight for their lives. I do not begrudge anger, nor do I diminish it's use or purpose.

I ask only that you let it go when the time is right.

Those members of the Wraith tribe are now dead, as well as every other Vansir within the Reclaim whose spirits could not bear the burden of another death. I watched, from not but a few feet away, as the Wraith tribe's leader was Obliterated. Whatever justice any man could want is done. They are all dust in the wind now, and we are safe from any further aggression that you may have feared. And so, in this knowledge, help me to forgive them.

Help me to forgive their anger, their pride, their madness. Help me to understand their suffering and forgive their mistakes. Help me to see their lives and cherish them, though now they are gone. Help me to remember the spirit of a tribe, of the people, that are now dead and gone forever. Help me bury the Wraith Tribe and any other members of the Vansir who refused to join them. They all, each and every one, deserve our love and respect by burning and scattering their ashes.

These men and women, as misguided as they may have been, shed their blood defending the lands they loved and defended the things they held dear. Think about how we all so fervently cling to those things we love and defend and imagine if some other force was to come in and strip us of our loves for those things which we held dear. Would you not at least want them to pay homage to your efforts? To forgive you for your perceived misgivings?

This is our last chance to forgive the Wraith. Let us lay them to rest with the respect we ourselves would wish to have. Join me in burning the Last of the Vansir and commit them back to the Earth.

I do not need to imagine. It is my people who are dead. Forgiveness for the Wraith and their false Warchief? Not from me. Their victims are the ones worthy of respect. Let the Wraith rot where they lie.

Telokh the Wise,
Bear tribe of the Vansir

I have fought with true Vansir. I have bled with, died with, fought side by side with and would gladly do it again.

The Wraith tribe is not Vansir. They are oathbreakers, followers of a false warchief. and should never be considered one in the same as the valiant people.

Having been the one to strike the leader down, my anger is no less and justice is just a word used by people who don't understand. And that's for personal reasons. I can't imagine what the others think or feel and I would not speak for them.

I'll continue to wear my hatred as armor. I'll keep using anger as my main source of energy.

I'm with Telokh on this one. Let them rot. They receive no forgiveness from me.

I like you Tvard. So I'll say this calmly and as nice as I can, and gladly fight by your side once more....

Just this once. Shut the **** up.

-Kantil DeManious VII

They may no longer be vasir, they may be oathbreakers, they may be vile and foul in every respect. They were undoubtedly murderers, they were undoubtedly insane and they undoubtedly made the most foolish choice they could have by challenging Ulthoc and the other adventurers of Icenia. They were awful creatures, repugnant and insane.

And you have dispatched justice. They are all dead and gone, especially the Warchief who I saw you Obliterate. They cannot harm us any longer. They have been wiped clean of your country and your state. What good does you hatred serve now? What blows does hatred guard against a foe who no longer has an arm to swing a sword with? What harm can forgiveness bring?

Forgiveness not only allows the dead to rest, but frees your heart of its own suffering. The past cannot change, and the eons refuse to yield to your anger. You struggle and spit at the sea, hoping to change the tide. Forgiveness will free you, give you peace, clear your mind of the madness that threatens to overwhelm each and every adventurer.

When, one day, I undoubtedly fall to some unknown foe, I hope he buries me. Until that day, I will lay my foes to rest, each and all.

Tvard, this kind of honor you are showing is a rare thing, never lose it. Each of us walk a different path, some times they form a road for all of us to walk on, and sometimes they are mountain trails that we must tread alone. People are who they are, because of what they have been through as you said you can not spit into the ocean and expect to change the tide. That does not mean they cannot change, keep doing what you are doing, lead by an example and some may come to your way of thinking. Some times slight shifts does in fact move the tide alittle.

The Wraith were not Vansir when we knew them. That is true. But they were Vansir once. I didn't know them that way, but it's no less true. They had tribes before the Wraith. We should not forget that.

I'll mourn them as I mourn all the Vansir. I'll miss them as I miss all the Vansir. And they don't need it and probably don't want it, but I forgive them. And I love them.

Dame Jovunn Rannveig of Jared
Ram tribe.

The Wraith and their Warchief saw the End Times coming... and grew afraid. Maybe they feared the end of their own days... or maybe they feared the end of their loved ones, those they cherished. They took the only path they could see- trying to hold back the tide at all costs. The fact that they failed makes the attempt no less valiant.

The exact moment of your death is set, and none can change it- all Vansir believe this. However, you don't know when that is going to be, and you must enter every battle from here to then with the intent of Glory and Victory, until you finally achieve Heroism and Death. Those who followed the Wraith were merely doing what all the Valiant People do- they fought back.

I can hold no grudge against a man or woman trying to defend their land. Their way of life. Their family. Did we do any different when we engaged them?

Many years ago, a boy who had fought in the Blackblood Rebellion came to me and wished to travel with us for a time. I accepted him because the war was over, and that meant that my enemy was once again someone I could drink with. I watched him grow as a man, and was proud of what I saw. He is likely dead now... but the memory of the man a forgiven enemy became will remain with me.

The Arturok is over. The Wraith are over. Any who still live I will accept into my family. Any who do not should be laid to rest properly. Tvard, I will send you our funerary rites, and as we lack Skalds to perform them, I bestow that honor upon you. Please see to the dead, I will try to see to the living.

Ulthoc,

Caoimhe is still out there. Funeral rites should fall to her, for the Bear tribe at least.

Telokh

Count Ulthoc and Dame Jovunn's words reach a part of me... and I stand corrected. I will not say another foul word about the Wraith tribe. For I have done everything to try and protect my family, much like they did.

My forgiveness will not be given. And that is entirely on me. I might not be ready, or I might just feel the hatred that deep down in my spirit that it has grown to be a part of who I am. But that's all me.

Lay their bodies to rest, Tvard, and forgive my angry words towards you.

I'm proud of you, big brother.

Tvard, you are the most kind-hearted person I have ever met. Your compassionate nature is a refreshing change from most adventurers and I sincerely hope that you never lose that. I am honored to have you as a friend. I will see you in Barran soon.

I would prefer that the corpses of the Wraith stay where they lie. However, the Bear spoke hastily. Some joined the Wraith willingly. It is not possible to tell those Varg from the ones being controlled. I will not deny the honor of proper funeral rites to the worthy simply because they called themselves Wraith.

I will attempt to find those of the Bear tribe that I am able and bring their bodies to my home village of Rieshaven. Once the pyres have all burned to ash I will leave on my quest.

Telokh Stonebear

Back