A Friday Meeting

Lurin

Duke
As Always it seems we have a number of issues to discuss, to that end I will be hosting a meeting this coming Friday night in Fairfax at the earliest opportunity near the fireplace by the earth circle. As a reminder while I am a lord, my authority is not over the lands of Wayside and no one should feel in anyway compelled to attend.

If you have something you'd like to discuss please let me know, and I may include it on my list, or attempt to get the parties involved together as best I can.

I am looking to hire a single person or group to create and tend to a fire during this meeting and am offering 5 silvers for the service, please let me know if you are interested.

Things currently on my Agenda to discuss.

1.) The Banshee - It is being met and hopefully dealt with by local authorities Thursday night, we will go over the results of this and consider if action needs to be taken, as well as share information on the Banshee's power.

2.) The Town Box - What it is, how it is to be handled, I am looking to hire a scribe to who I will pay personally to review the contents of the Box in a secure location, and maintain a list of it's contents for public knowledge, as it was left in my care last gathering.

3.) Town Treasure - This is a topic that will be a continuing source of concern, due to that a short discussion is planned to ensure opinions are heard. Please prepare any comments so as to be concise, and forward thinking as to how it should be handled.

4.) Formation of an Adventurers Council - Since I am not an adventure I will not be participating direct on this, but the goal here is to form a council with representation from each group, as well as elect 1-2 additional members to serve as representatives of the interests of non-affiliated folks. This council in my eyes will then work with the Knights, or ask myself for assistance for any number of various issues.

With respect,

Lord Enan Bluewater

Enan, I have important information about the banshee, it has more to do about its origin than anything else.

~Tets

Lord Bluewater,
Concerning the Adventurers Council and all other matter discussed at said meeting Ambassador Dont and First Sword Gnot speak for the Brotherhood even though many of us are unable to make this market day.

hahahahahaha I like da idea of An Ad'venturas Councile. Sounds all professionale.
I wont be able ta make it this market day but soon our paths will cross again
hahahahahahaha Best of Luck with that Bansee, no good they are, trampling round da land
hahahahaahahahaha

Tets,

I've got some information on the Banshee as well, to share at the meeting.

Circle Master Marsters

Adventures of Wayside,

There has been many a question put forth about the origin of the Town Box and what it is used for. Many years ago during the vampire wars both myself and Dramthun Hartsboon spent our own gold to buy purify potions for the town to use. The cost was not something that we could keep up with. It was at the point that the Adventures of Briarpass gathered and decided that donations would be gathered so that in the future no single person or group would have to pay the cost to protect everyone during town incursions against the forces that threaten us all.

At that point the Town Box was formed. The contents are inventoried after each market day and can be requested by all. I have not posted for all to see the contents for one simple reason. Not everyone needs to know. If our enemies know the resources at our disposal we are put at that much more of a risk.

The town box has been used to purchase many an item that has been used to advance town goals. Over half of the light scrolls used during the fight against the Shadow Master came using funds from the Town Box. The non-traveling components used to transport the town via waystones were purchased using donations placed in the Town Box.

Not every adventurer who travels here has resources or a guild to back them. Yet, they still aid us in our struggles and pay with their blood and sometimes their lives. Just think if we could send everyone into battle against undead who's touch causes you to be drained with just 3 purify potions? That would potentially be dozens of spells that Earth Casters would not have to memorize.

That is the purpose of the Town Box. To aid us and protect us. To grant us buying power and to provide the resources and production items that not everyone has but everyone needs. The Town Box only ever gets a share that cannot be divided equally. It's contents are only donations. No one has ever been taxed or forced to contribute but, it is for all to use.

I will not be in attendance this Friday evening. I have other very pressing issues to attend to. If anyone has any further questions please post here and I will do my best to step away from my current duties and respond.

Sincerely,

Sera FallingStar

Back