A Grave Danger to Fortannis

Lurin

Duke
Nobles, Knights, and adventurers of Fortannis,

The lands of Fortannis are many and scattered, and I know most that hear my words will not recognize my voice but I beg of you to hear my words anyway. I have no noble title, no rank or authority, no hold on any of you that gives me any right to expect you to respond to my call, but we all threatened and it is my hope that our shared fate will tie us together and let us rise, if not as one, then at least as a chorus, a multitude that will not allow the heavy boot of oppression or malicious magics rule our lives. I speak of the Rhakshasha, I have personally witnessed his minions rise in multiple lands, and have heard tales of his actions in others. If your world has not yet been affect by this, I assure you it will be should this threat not be met.

I will share what little I know, The Rhakshasha is a great and powerful being, I have heard rumors that there were three but two have been contained, but have been unable to verify such facts. There are first hand claims from people I trust that it is able to change its form at will, and control others through enslavement magics. It has the ability to bring back powerful dead creatures, although what his limits are in this are unknown all the creatures I have heard of had been vanquished less then five years ago. Other tales I have heard claim he has the ability to throw powerful blasts from his mind doing great bodily harm, similar to elmental energies some claimed to be able to resist it. I have also heard that he can swing many powerful effects for enough damage to fell all but the most stalwart warriors. He resides on what some call the plane of sand, but is more commonly refered to as Desha Vitara, which appearently had been contained in an hourglass of some sort, although I do not know the details.

What I do know is that there will be a gathering in Vandalar the first weekend of this coming month and many will be traveling there from Wayside, I have also heard that some from Valdanis will be coming, and I have hired a number of travelers from a realm they call the Sheltered Lands, which I have not been to myself, I have met some from there and they are amoung the bravest folks I have had the pleasure to assist. It is my hope others will join, I will be speaking to the lands I have been to in hopes that more will join those already coming to meet this threat.

Those that know me, know that I am not a brave man, nor can I call myself a leader nor an adventurer. I am however a member of Fortannis and a healer of some practice, I will be traveling myself to support those who would confront this threat, although I may not be much use in the battle itself, I am working as best as I can to rally those stronger in heart than I am and hope that those I bring will be of help in this matter.

Finally there is hope, I have heard of, and seen, a number of items scattered around Fortannis, the Rhakshasha seems to fear these greatly as his minions have very much focused on preventing us from aquiring such items. It you have any information on such items, I would like to begin pooling the data on what we know about them, so please let me know what has been found, and who will be carrying it so our efforts can be coordinated properly once we know what effect they might have, if needs be I will pay for this information, although my funds for such are limited.

It is my hope that someone wiser, more noble and of greater stature then I will rise and lead this fight, and once that person steps forward, whoever it may be, know that I will be there to assist as best as I can to end this threat to all of Fortannis, I have just recently seen the end of a great war, I hope this one can be ended before it truely has a chance to begin.

Regards,

-Barrister Enan Bluewater of Wayside

i heard rumors of such a being which controls forces that seem to slowly doom our land, it is strange to know that such a being exists instead of it being a thing of legend.

well no matter, we will see what that brings. i am certainly intrigued, so i will be there

-James the inconceivable of Harbors Far

BtB said:
Young Masters and Mistresses,

I regret to inform you that in the past 5 weeks I have encountered the rakshasa twice. Each time it appeared as a high ranking noble of the land I was in. Each time it had detailed information and attempted to give adventuring parties a quest. The quest seemed fairly normal, but turned out to be the dirty work of the rakshasa. It attempted to get us to destroy some sort of key in both Briarpass (Wayside) and Horn's End (Valdanis). Please be extremely careful with who you trust. As reported their disguise is very convincing and if not for the help of the sight of a dragon, we may have been led to folly.

It used arcane enslavements at least five times before it was driven off. Please prepare accordingly by bringing as many enslavement antidotes as possible. If you do not have any please set up an order with a friendly merchant, if you do not know any let me know how many you need and I will get them to you. If you order them now they are 7 silver each, if you wait till the market day then I will charge 8 silver each. I also am able to make potions and battle magic scrolls, please arm yourselves for a challenging fight. Both of my encounters with this single rakshasa have reduced a full adventuring party down to the barest of skills left to survive. It is not easy to get your enslaved friends to drink an antidote, you may need to beat them to unconsciousness while avoiding the attacks of the rakshasa itself.

See you in Desha Vitara,
Bob the Blacksmith

Young Master Enan,

I will be there to support you in the best way I know how.....selling adventures the things they need to adventure. I plan to bring many enslavement antitdotes and other items. Please seek me out if you need anything. I do not have any other market days before this large gathering, so now you must hope that my stocks will be enough. If you are interested in something specific in a large amount let me know so I can load it into my caravan.

Many blessings

Master Blacksmith,

It is great news that you will be there as well, but I beg of you please do not stick it in anyones head that I am the man to be supported in this. Fortannis would be a poor realm if it can not come up with someone braver, stronger, and more noble then I. The only thing I can hope from my efforts is that those I can marshal will be of use to the true heroes, nobles, and knights that will no doubt take the lead in this endeavor.

-Enan Bluewater.

Enan waterman
I have spoken to some green tusks and some have given the tusk up that we will offer our protection services a fee.
Fee to be discussed in private.

haka said:
Enan waterman
I have spoken to some green tusks and some have given the tusk up that we will offer our protection services a fee.
Fee to be discussed in private.

(oog: sorry i cant seem to edit the last post any other way so this is the rewrite/edit of it)

Enan waterman you ask 5 to find reinforcements I have talked to a many tusks for the job we spoke about.
I give them 5 word that you that you are fair and will pay.
Speaking of pay we need to talk about fee per tusk send something to a dream my brain can only hear and we will talk that out.

Back