A Library Fallen, with Dangers Below

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Adventurers,

I come bearing a message from Duchess Fairfax of Buckland:

Following recent unfortunate events (of which I myself am not even too clear on the details - I believe I heard something about some kind of elemental being destroyed?), the library of Duchess Fairfax has sadly collapsed in an earthquake, reduced to a heap of rubble in the wake of whatever happened. The efforts to salvage as many of the Duchess’ materials as possible from the wreckage have gone well so far, until they got a bit sidetracked:

It seems that, unbeknownst to the Duchess, the library had been built atop a subterranean tunnel, and with the foundations of the building broken by the quake, the entrance to said tunnel has now been opened! Needless to say, the Duchess was interested in where this rocky tunnel might lead, and a handful of scouts and miners were employed to investigate on her behalf. Is it naturally occurring, or was it manufactured by someone long ago?

Sadly, the reconnaissance trips haven’t panned out very well. A handful of the scouts were sent to the circle by whatever lurks down there, though they cannot remember anything about what happened to them. Others have simply vanished into the tunnel and not yet returned. Or at least, all of them have not yet returned - occasionally, the Duchess has been discovering… limbs.

Whatever is in the tunnel has proven to be a danger, and to that end, Duchess Fairfax is looking for the assistance of the most capable problem-solvers our kingdom has: the adventuring community. She asks that if any of you are available to help clear out whatever threat skulks down in the tunnel, your assistance would be much obliged, and a representative of the Duchess would be happy to receive you at the library come noon tomorrow, the 6th of the Third Month.

Regards,
- Sammy Castonguay
Courier, Dryad Express

Back