A Little bit of Valor: A Lot of Heart.

Greeting,

I do not often see positive things pass through the dreaming of these lands. Most often it is threats of the supernatural kind making boasts, people sharing job information, seeking traded and even sometimes arguing amongst eat other. I know I'm not immune to any but in an effort to be a little more positive I've decided to try this one bit...

I wanted to reach out personally and thank an individual and recount her tale of bravery and heart and how it impacted me last market. I hope she will accept my thanks and possibly yours.
Of course, as Link recently mentioned, this in no way lessens the worth of any other individuals effort to protect the people of wayside. It's just something I am choosing to do for positive feels.

Locke. Thank you.

We battled, all of us fiercely through the underground tunnel to stop a criminals assault on our capital last market. About 3/4s of the way through the battle, our battle leader Foss, and I stood at the fore of the fight and witnessed a creature carrying a trap and threatening to set it off. With little time Squire Foss asked for volunteers and dispatched myself and Ms Locke to prevent him from setting off the final mine.

We caught the creature as it finished setting its trap but Locke's speed in repelling the monster was integral to keeping him from setting off the trap and in so doing killing us both. I was clearly exhausted and She took charge and admonished me to cut the traps wiring which would at last lessen the explosion if it did go off while she would defend me. She then launched herself at her target with ferocity I normally expect only from out fiercest deadliest warrior and felled a hardy opponent in quick measure, all the while helping me plan a manner of escape from behind enemy line.

We then found a manner, albeit an undesireable on, to disarm the partial bomb and Locke neither shyed away from the pain not complained of it as she risked life and limb to contain the blast.

Lastly, in exiting the backline and rejoining our allies, she showed incredible poise, intelligence, and bravery which allowed us to work our way back to safety.

Locke,

I do not know you well, and I have adventured a good manner of years and seldom have I been so glad to have someone by my side rise to the occasion like you did. So thank you on behalf of myself and my guild we will provide you with a small token of thanks and may it be a reminder to me that you, and all other combatants matter always.

Sincerely,

Jehan Wyldweaver

Jehan,

I am truly honored. Words fail me at your generosity, which is somezing hard to accomplish vith a rom. You speak highly of me for deeds I feel anyone in my place vould have done, I hope. I am nobody, just a woman with an inability to let other's suffer when I can do something about it. People I love and care for were in ze tunnels, people I admire and respect needed help, and ze people overhead in ze capital needed someone to keep zhem safe which is exactly what every adventurer was doing at zhat moment. It iz not something I could have done alone. Vithout your help, I wouldn't have been able to set off ze trap without collapsing ze tunnels, or worse. I cannot think of anything I did zhis past gathering that could have been possible vithout ze adventuring community as a whole. Adventurers are nothing vithout each other.

May your feet always find ze path,
Locke

On behalf of the citizens of Arbor and those of us who protect them, I thank you.

Magistrate Sera Amy Hale
Royal Knight under His Majesty King Kaarl Grimlock

I love you seester. I don't think Shock or I say it enough. You have ze strength to challenge the world if you must. She has sundered vorlds and crossed pits of fire and poison for no other reason then she must.

Zis is my seeter. A quote I zink is very appropriate there, from the Daenocia,

'And upon them she will visit famine and fire,
'till all around them desolation rings,
and the creatures in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize,
that vengeance is the business of a woman'

Servants of the deep, do not fear the light. For my seeter brings with her that sweet blade of death.

-Beryl R.T.

Back