a murder in the land

greetings to you squire kailani, or anyone else that can hear this and let her know
im trying to reach her.

i was hoping that i could get a copy of what ever information you
gathered after i was...murdered.

you can reach me by the following messenger service vtgamergirl2012@yahoo.com or send
a private missive.
thankyou,

avalon willowcrest
shadowbough tribe
house sunderdragon

Re: to: squire kailani or anyone that can reach her

Avalon,

Expect a missive shortly. I sincerely hope that it helps.

Stay safe,
Squire Kailani
Ash Forest

below is a copy of the report squire kailani gave to me

im hoping that maybe she didn't get a chance to talk to everyone and someone might remember any additional information.
anything at all could be helpfull
-Avalon

Avalon’s resurrection was performed by Baroness Ezri, and it became quickly apparent that she had been fed an amnesia.
Last memories are from Izer’s trial, at roughly 10 PM.
Part of House Sunderdragon, traveling with the Vanguard.
Vinny claims that he saw her in a troll fight that took place on top of the hill, staying near Flint. She was seen walking back to town with the Vanguard.
Somewhere between a half hour and 45 minutes before her resurrection, Flint claims that he saw her in the tavern, though Vinny disputes the veracity of this claim.
Flint, Amaranthus, Sevaria, Ona, Fera, Irina, Alda, Rupert, and some others left town to fight trolls.
While they were out, undead attacked the town. No one claims to have seen Avalon during the undead fight, making it likely that somewhere within this window of time, the murder took place.
Notably, the Gilded Claw, who were sitting near the center of town in a circle of power, did not see anything.

Recognizable Items lost:
Large black shield with dragon scale pattern
Small green dragon with earth storm and magic storm.
Grim and Ocean searched the field in hopes of finding her things, were unsuccessful.

In an attempt to find Avalon’s things, the following were searched:
Dorgun turned out his pockets
Sevaria provided access to the Hunt’s cabin
Aubry provided access to the Gilded Claw’s cabin
I searched the Ash Forest private room
Qualin provided access to his private room
The common room in the tavern was searched
Dominic provided access to the Blythedale cabin
Aubry provided access to the Mage’s guild

Theories:
Sevaria theorized that this was a yet-unseen act of troll violence. However, no one else was found to have been amnesia’d by trolls.
Grim theorized that due to Avalon’s skill with celestial magic, odds are whoever took her down was an alchemist.

I have been puzzling over this since Saturday.

As far as I am aware, Avalon's items were returned to her -- she will have to confirm it, as it was merely hearsay for me on Sunday. If that's the case, it would make it much more likely that she was murdered opportunistically, or perhaps more worrisome, for potential information.

Or someone simply became ******* terrified when they thought about forty-something adventurers looking for them. That is a satisfying thought.

In either case, I would be cautious. Walk in groups and tread carefully.

May the Hawk watch your path,
Sevaria of Goshawk

all items were indeed recovered, except for a pocket full of coin, less than 10 gold worth, a small handful of potions, mainly a few cure light, a purify, an enslavement antidote, along with my meager store of alchemy gasses,
6-8 laugh and sleeps.

I agree with Sevaria.
This sounds like an opportunistic attack. I'm leaning now towards someone she may know and another adventurer. They returned the easily recognizable items and took coin and items for a quick sale. My guess is this isn't the persons first time doing this. I don't believe it was a troll. I have never seen this and why would they leave some items behind. Its someone she knows and sees. Maybe they are less of a ridiculous honorless coward whom attacks lone adventurers in the night and weakens their spirit for a few gold and more someone whom had a lapse in morality. If that's so and you are seeing this..turn yourself in.

Grim

Opportunistic attacks are done either for flashed around coin or magic items, (in which a good sum is taken) or for the thrill of the kill (in which generally nothing is taken). As neither was the case, it was likely an attack designed as a warning or retaliation to her friends- as I don't believe Avalon is someone who would anger someone enough to warrant these actions directly.

The level of profit from the attack does not warrant the level of skill and practice used in it- which again points to it being a "scheduled" affair designed as a warning or retaliation.

I am sorry there was little more that could be done at the time.

Count Ulthoc Crownsmith.

So is "enemy" being ruled out.... Seems so. What a shame this has happened Avalon.

Destiny knows, their are many enemies of Icenia and even more directly against Ashbury. I was not at the gathering, nor have any reports or information on Captains Flints, Duke Kendricks and the Paladins meeting. But they did say "we are coming for you". I certainly am not making accusation, just weighing all possibilities... Ruling out nothing, and trying to formulate possibilities from what is not obvious. Any and all enemies of Ashbury or "leaders" of such could of struck out against anyone representing that leader. Citizens, Places, Adventurers, soldiers are all extensions of primary targets.

So you have a timeline, and searched cabins of Heroes, Nobility, adventurers, and soldiers...

Can anyone think of new faces around the time frame? Perhaps "new adventurers" trying to blend in? Also do not rule out the possibility of trolls doing something like this. Anything is possible... Things change, structure, ways of habit, and the simple flow of things all change with time... Look at the coarse of Icenia in the last year alone. If the things that have transpired in Ashbury this past year alone were predicted 5 years ago by someone, i would of thought them insane and simply obscured. Just don't look past anything, become aware of what might not be obvious, make sure you are seeing the facts clearly, and disregard no possibility...

Avalon, not sure what, if anything, i can do would help. But simply Ask.

Ithica
DF

Ithica,
I am not sure if there was an intended inference, but in the off chance there was allow me to assure anyone who only but dreams here that the Paladins could not have had any part of this. It turns out that as far as that matter is concerned what I would have considered the best of all possible circumstances proved to be true. There is more to say on this but it is not for me. As for Avalon I am only saddened by the possibility that adventurers coming to these lands might have been involved, but I can suspect no one so I will cast aspersions on none. I have fought beside too many and too many times. Just the thought is sickening.

Simon Neville

If you have information regarding Avalon's murder, that has not already been stated here, please contact me directly.

-Kainen

Back